Air Force One Set Up - tips n' tricks

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
My leveling trick. Before I would use the built in level and a silver dollar size puck spirit level and place it by all three foot points to find level. Never seemed dead on. Today I removed the spindle and placed the puck level dead center. Easy peasy to get dead on level from the center spindle or get a slight tilt as Gary talks about. I can't believe I never thought about removing the spindle during the leveling process. Doh !!!

****I should mention for obvious reasons, the TT must be off or in standby mode (Platter not floating on air) before your can remove the spindle.

Christian,

doesn't your TS-140 give you dead on level automatically?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
the tt needs to be leveled independent of platform.

david

is this a one time thing? or is there some sort of regular leveling interval due to the suspension?

with the Rockport Sirius III and it's linear tracker level was critical to proper travel and minimizing stress on the cartridge and the air suspension could get slightly askew, so every couple months I would check it and adjust it.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
is this a one time thing? or is there some sort of regular leveling interval due to the suspension?

with the Rockport Sirius III and it's linear tracker level was critical to proper travel and minimizing stress on the cartridge and the air suspension could get slightly askew, so every couple months I would check it and adjust it.

In my case I have to pump air and adjust the level every 4-5 months.

david

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Christian,

doesn't your TS-140 give you dead on level automatically?

It does for the surface the TT sits on, not the TT itself. The TT height and level is controlled by air bladders with further height adjustment fine tuning with the 3 TT footer knobs on top of the air footers. I hope that makes sense.

Nakor

May 14, 2011
My leveling trick. place spirit level over the spindle - pretty simple ;)

They don't sell these type of spirit levels any more?

I have had mine since Mana acoustics used to make them in the 90's.

Blue Horizon Prolevel looks similar. It slips over and clamps on the spindle.

http://www.bluehorizonideas.com/products/analogue-accessories/prolevel/

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Dear Sirs,

Do power cords used with the power supply pump unit and air condenser unit effect the sq of the af1 a meaningful way.

Kind regards,
Tang

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Dear Sirs,

Do power cords used with the power supply pump unit and air condenser unit effect the sq of the af1 a meaningful way.

Kind regards,
Tang

Of course not khun Tang, power cords don't affect the operation of a motor.
david

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Of course not khun Tang, power cords don't affect the operation of a motor.
david

Thank you, Mr. Karmeli. You must have had a lot of tom yum koong to have a Thai accent :p.

Kind regards,
Tang

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Thank you, Mr. Karmeli. You must have had a lot of tom yum koong to have a Thai accent :p.

Kind regards,
Tang

Lots & lots but my favorite is a Northern style Khao Soi, I lived in Thailand for 14 years and I still don't know how to cook a good one :) .

david

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Lots & lots but my favorite is a Northern style Khao Soi, I lived in Thailand for 14 years and I still don't know how to cook a good one :) .

david

Never been there but I prefer the northern style food compared to the usual green yellow red curries they feed you in Thai restaurants

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Lots & lots but my favorite is a Northern style Khao Soi, I lived in Thailand for 14 years

No kidding Mr. Karmeli. Wow. What a surprise.
You are more Thai than me. I dont even know how to eat Khao Soi..haha :eek:

Kind regards,
Tang

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
So Ked,next holiday we go together to Thailand to listen something?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
From Bankok, I'm just a three hour flight away. You'd be most welcome. ;)

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Many thanks,
you are very kind
Every year i fly to Shanghai to visit my Job company.
I am a sales manager in Italy of the biggest chinese company producing linen yarn.

If you need some in Italy i am at your disposition,
If you need to buy some for some gift like Gucci,Prada,LV Hermes,i think cost in Italy is half than in Shanghai and i think also in your place

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing