Air Force One Set Up - tips n' tricks

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Oh if I go East definitely will spend time there. So many systems in Philippines.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
So Ked,next holiday we go together to Thailand to listen something?

You are welcome to explore some interesting systems overhere. Tessaract? Vox Olympian? If next year Magico M6? Cessaro Gamma II with field coil bass horn? Cant let the awesome systems in the Philipines steal all the show. And I promise you red hot chili pepper real native Thai dishes like you never had before.

Kind regards,
Tang

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Many thanks,
also all you are invited in Italy if one day you will come.

Don't tell about this system and this food to Ked because he doesn't sleep until will come

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Lol

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Tang

My wife and her friends were just in Bankok this last weekend. Next time, I will come and visit you too :D

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Tang

My wife and her friends were just in Bankok this last weekend. Next time, I will come and visit you too :D

Would be nice to meet you in person, Jack.

Kind regards,
Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Sirs,

Any of you ever tried putting nitrogen gas into AF1 suspension?

Kind regards,
Tang

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Are we ABing gas now?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Nitrogen is supposed to keep pressure and better handles heat......in automobile tires. To put things in perspective tire pressure in an AF1 is closer to that in bicycle tires as opposed to car tires and there is no heat from friction to deal with. IMO whatever changes by using nitrogen will be negligible and likely inaudible.

Nitrous Oxide however might be a source of more giggles, LOL. Just kidding though. That is highly flammable, legally regulated in most places also because of potential for drug abuse and is therefore NOT RECOMMENDED! :D

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Anyone has an experience on this?

1507353786355.jpg
1507353789038.jpg

Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Guys

Every so often, my AF1P's motor just has a mind of its own and stop rotating while at play. It would goes into the stand by mode 00.00rpm while at play. I then pressed 33 or 45 button and the motor still didnt run. I ended up having to shut down the tt at the on/off button in the back, left it a few minutes and turned on again. And it would work. This happened 4 times already. I wonder if I accidentally activate some kind of timer? Is there a timer? Any suggestion?

Kind regards,
Tang

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Yes there is a timer. No need to shut down from main power. Just press stop and it will leave stand by. I recommend that you do not disengage the timer. It is for the protection of your pumps. Just press stop or change speed every so often.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Yes there is a timer. No need to shut down from main power. Just press stop and it will leave stand by. I recommend that you do not disengage the timer. It is for the protection of your pumps. Just press stop or change speed every so often.

Thank you Jack. I think I tried pressing stop once but it didnt get out of stand by mode. But I will try again when that happens.

Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I've never had that problem with mine nor did I even know there is a timer

I have a lot of karma with my tts Steve :(. I dont want to say how many time I had issues with my Kronos, not just Techdas.

Tang

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
not an AF1 owner, but my Rockport Sirius III had an air compressor, which needed to be 'bled' of excess moisture every 2 hours. the process was to turn the compressor off for 2 seconds, and then back on. this would cause the compressor to 'spit' a small amount of water (out the bottom of the compressor housing into an inverted jar lid where it would evaporate). failure to do that could cause that moisture to collect in the line. over time this could result in moisture in the platter and tone arm air bearings; a condition to be avoided.

in practice not any sort of issue once you understood it. I owned the Rockport for 8 years without any issue; I did rebuild the compressor once (very simple once I sourced the rebuild kit).

is the timer related to this issue?

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
??? Is this a Premium thing because the standard AF1 never behaved this way Jack. It doesn’t any make any sense for TechDas to have this nonsense built-in and how does this feature protect the pumps? There’s only one active for float/vacuum system and this type of low pressure pump should last many years even running 24/7. This sounds like a firmware issue to me.

david

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing