3 13.04%
  • Mose Allison

0 0%
  • Sonny Rollins

3 13.04%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate in Audio Fidelity

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member]
    John-I understand what you are saying and agree. However, in the quote of mine you used above, I was really referring to something that is a matter of record that happened and I was referring to telling the truth regarding the facts of something that are public knowledge. I was not referring to making a statement based on opinion such as XYZ cables are the best and if you don't realize that, then you have mud in your ears. In the context of someone's belief systems and making statements about what you believe, I certainly agree with what you said.

Mark

When the TP was getting off the ground, they chose a diverse grouping of titles and styles to have broad appeal. The goal was to obtain subscribers.

Now that they have a customer base of subscribers, they should put the titles they expect to have access to to a vote of the existing subscription holders. The goal should be to maintain subscribers (while growing the base with more like them). In fact, they would be wise to actively solicit "favorite LP" lists from their subscribers and putting those titles out to a vote to help them seek out potential licenses for TP issues. FInd out what people want and give it to them. Marketing 101.

For my part, I've little interest in having a shelf full of tapes that sound great but which don't move me musically and I won't listen to. So far I have one TP album and plan on picking up one at a time when one comes available that I like. So if any of you TP subscribers out there have titles that you don't especially care for, feel free to PM me and see if it's one I'd like to own.

TTP has just gotten me excited about the media, sonics, and equipment! I enjoy meeting new people who share this indulgence. Sourcing tape media/software has been a global excursion that I find very stimulating.

Vbr,
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by c1ferrari View Post
    TTP has just gotten me excited about the media, sonics, and equipment! I enjoy meeting new people who share this indulgence. Sourcing tape media/software has been a global excursion that I find very stimulating.

Vbr,
    Sam
    Kinda makes record collecting look like a walk in the sun

Quote Originally Posted by MylesBAstor View Post
    Kinda makes record collecting look like a walk in the sun
    Maybe, that's why so many relish it

I'd exchange all my favorite LPs for Tape Project issues. Let's see - that's about $1,250,000 at subscription rates but perhaps I could swing a deal if I bought in bulk. They are simply wonderful.

I have only heard the Rollins (At OHanlon's RMAF exhibit), the Espana, and the Exotic Dances which a friend has. I really enjoy them all. I just wish I could afford the tapes.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! flez007's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesBAstor View Post
    Admittedly, these is a small statistical sample--but classical music accounts for 80% of the chosen albums. I know that the Tape Project team are trying to diversify their titles but it seems that many TP purchasers prefer classical music. Personally, unless the release is a great rock title, I'd like to see TTP stick to the great jazz (and I really don't want more monos) and classical albums.

What are others thoughts on the title selection process?
    Agreed on the Jazz vote.

I can live with the jazz and classical titles. Have plenty of my other preferences on good vinyl so it's not a biggie for me. I'm guessing many of you guys are in the same boat?

I am not a huge Classical fan although the Arnold tape probably sounds the best, my vote is for Robert Cray. I like this music alot as well as David Alvin...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast