EMT JPA-66 MkII

airbearing

May 2, 2012
Munich - Germany
Pcosta,

The WE is an old SUT, made from extra fine, pure and never used copper. In those days quite common. Handwired! You hear the quality of this SUT when you use it in an appropriate chain like with a Neumann cart. Of course we should keep in mind it will not reach the high frequencies of newer SUTs.

E.

www.AudioCirc.com

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
The WE is an old SUT, made from extra fine, pure and never used copper. In those days quite common. Handwired! You hear the quality of this SUT when you use it in an appropriate chain like with a Neumann cart. Of course we should keep in mind it will not reach the high frequencies of newer SUTs.

E.

www.AudioCirc.com
What gain do you manage to get out of them ?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Pcosta,

E.

www.AudioCirc.com

Hi how is the Silver core SUT?

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I rather would go for 2 MM inputs. Playing the EMT as a preamplifier (two lines) and via Step Ups show the real quality of this unit. I like the MC capsules but prefer the MM input.

E.

www.AudioCirc.com

Is that what you are doing? May I ask what you are pairing the EMT with in the rest of your system?

Thanks

howie

airbearing

May 2, 2012
Munich - Germany
Howie,

Silvercore 1:20 is excellent! You need to have the matching carts, guess you have, most modern ones.
Still available.
Yes, this is what I am doing with the EMT JPA66, Kondo M7 and SUT via Line and MM via MM input.
But I also use MC input.

E.

www.AudioCirc.com

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hi Tang

Agree with Airbearing that I prefer the mm inputs
I am pretty sure the JPA66 inputs use step ups might be lundahls though branded EMT SEE PHOTO View attachment 38227

Bespoke step ups for individual carts are better, though with 4 tonearm that represents more cabling and grounding

My personal experience is you can extract more from a cartridge with a appropriate Step up, otherwise I prefer electrical gain rather than in house step ups

I am planning to use Lyra Atlas SL and Etna Mono with the EMT phono. I talked to Gian about the new Lyra stepup. He will get to try soon. If good maybe we buy together and get better price.

Tang

Reactions: howiebrou

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Howie,

Silvercore 1:20 is excellent! You need to have the matching carts, guess you have, most modern ones.
Still available.
Yes, this is what I am doing with the EMT JPA66, Kondo M7 and SUT via Line and MM via MM input.
But I also use MC input.

E.

www.AudioCirc.com

Sawasdee E,

When you use the SUT via line, does it still go through equalization curve?

Tang

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I had Silvercore sut MC pro
Used with Kondo GE1
Then I sold to buy P1
For me Silvercore MC Pro is the best sut on the market
Is very transparent natural and fast and with good price also
Then I think for my and my friend experience,for every cartridge is better use his own sut
Koetsu with koetsu,Lyra with
Erodion,ecc

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Christof's Caeles has airbearing? E's Caeles seems quite an evolution from Christof's.

Tang

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Howie,

Still available.
But I also use MC input.

E.

www.AudioCirc.com

Thanks will check it out. May be I should consider using the MM phono stage in my Kondo M1000 with a SUT instead of buying another phonostage with multiple inputs like the EMT...

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
Thanks will check it out. May be I should consider using the MM phono stage in my Kondo M1000 with a SUT instead of buying another phonostage with multiple inputs like the EMT...

Yes, Howie, I believe that this would be a very good and satisfying solution. The Kondo M1000 is a wonderful and emotional musical platform. Best of luck to you, it could be more user adventurous and fun matching carts and SUTs to your needs.

Cheers!
-a

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Yes, Howie, I believe that this would be a very good and satisfying solution. Best of luck to you, it could be more user adventurous and fun matching carts and SUTs to your needs.

Cheers!
-a

Thanks. Let’s see how it goes. I have always had the belief that matching a cart and SUT is the optimum solution. It’s just a bit of a hassle but we’’ll see!

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
Thanks. Let’s see how it goes. I have always had the belief that matching a cart and SUT is the optimum solution. It’s just a bit of a hassle but we’’ll see!

When you get use to it, really quick and no time at all, it is really a “plug and go” solution...have fun!

airbearing

May 2, 2012
Munich - Germany
Christof's Caeles has an airbearing. His suspension frame (also air cushioned) is not existent.
There are some other improvements in my unit, and you may see a different motor steering in the future.
Unfortunately the developer of the Caeles will not provide a technical and financially satisfying solution for this feature which will see me coming up with my own ideas.

E.

https://audiocirc.com/2017/02/13/dreams-come-true/

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing