EMT JPA-66 MkII

airbearing

May 2, 2012
Munich - Germany
Howie,

Just the opposite, the CH is more expensive! The EMT seems to be a bargain against it. If you are not a reviewer like MF you understand price/quality difference!

E.

www.AudioCirc.com

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
In Germany? Really? Pricing here is more in line with that mentioned by Tang.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
The price of EMT is one thing. The delivery time is ... well... forever.

CH delivery time for me is like ordering a pizza.

Tang

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
The price of EMT is one thing. The delivery time is ... well... forever.

CH delivery time for me is like ordering a pizza.

Tang

Delivery time is not an issue for me.

I had a friend visit recently to help me set up my CA Master Innovation and Thales and Anna cart, from what he described about the P1, I think the EMT might be more my cup of tea.

Howie

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Delivery time is not an issue for me.

I had a friend visit recently to help me set up my CA Master Innovation and Thales and Anna cart, from what he described about the P1, I think the EMT might be more my cup of tea.

Howie

Howie,

If you have a few low output mc carts, you might want to ask EMT to make more phono inputs with high gain for you. I requested them that my input 2 and 3 are both 0.25mV.

Here is spec sheet of the JPA66 MkII

20180112_141346.jpg

Tang

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Howie,

If you have a few low output mc carts, you might want to ask EMT to make more phono inputs with high gain for you. I requested them that my input 2 and 3 are both 0.25mV.

Here is spec sheet of the JPA66 MkII

View attachment 38214

Tang

Thanks. Yes, even though I have only two carts now (Benz LP-S and Ortofon Anna) my guess is that other carts will also be low output. Can they make all four inputs MC?

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Thanks. Yes, even though I have only two carts now (Benz LP-S and Ortofon Anna) my guess is that other carts will also be low output. Can they make all four inputs MC?

I dont think so. I probably have to buy a stepup for the other inputs.

With the Anna in high gain slot, I still had to crank up the volume quite a bit.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I dont think so. I probably have to buy a stepup for the other inputs.

With the Anna in high gain slot, I still had to crank up the volume quite a bit.

What is the gain for the high gain slot?

On my Audio Research Ref 2 with high gain I don’t crank up my Kondo M1000 MkII past 10/11 O’Clock and it is plenty loud!

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
What is the gain for the high gain slot?

On my Audio Research Ref 2 with high gain I don’t crank up my Kondo M1000 MkII past 10/11 O’Clock and it is plenty loud!

I don’t have the figure but I don’t think it is more than 65 dB.

Tang

airbearing

May 2, 2012
Munich - Germany
I rather would go for 2 MM inputs. Playing the EMT as a preamplifier (two lines) and via Step Ups show the real quality of this unit. I like the MC capsules but prefer the MM input.

E.

www.AudioCirc.com

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I rather would go for 2 MM inputs. Playing the EMT as a preamplifier (two lines) and via Step Ups show the real quality of this unit. I like the MC capsules but prefer the MM input.

E.

www.AudioCirc.com

Step ups are in my plan. Choosing which step up depends on the carts I am intending to use with? or any particular one you could recommend, E.

Kind regards,
Tang

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Step ups are in my plan. Choosing which step up depends on the carts I am intending to use with? or any particular one you could recommend, E.

Kind regards,
Tang

Hi Tang

Agree with Airbearing that I prefer the mm inputs
I am pretty sure the JPA66 inputs use step ups might be lundahls though branded EMT SEE PHOTO 43619312-62CC-4921-8303-3B58410E2205.jpeg

Bespoke step ups for individual carts are better, though with 4 tonearm that represents more cabling and grounding

My personal experience is you can extract more from a cartridge with a appropriate Step up, otherwise I prefer electrical gain rather than in house step ups

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest

Kind regards,
Tang

Hello Tang,

I can make this recommendation for you it is versatile, super performer, and as Thomas would say, “Made with a good brain.”

This one by Kondo, the KSL-SFz SUT.

Kind Regards,
Alan

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Hello Tang,

I can make this recommendation for you it is versatile, super performer, and as Thomas would say, “Made with a good brain.”

This one by Kondo, the KSL-SFz SUT.

Kind Regards,
Alan

Cinemag
Altec 4722
Auditorium homage
Sivercore
Ypsilon
Kondo
EAR

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
Get in touch with Dave Slagle at Emia or Intact Audio. He can wind one specifically for your cartridge in either copper or silver.

Beau

Kind regards,
Tang

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Man I would love to try a WE Tranny like that :D
That Silvercore doesn’t look to shabby either. Wish the Silvercore were still available. How is the Ortofon ST7 ?

pcosta

Jul 25, 2010
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Man I would love to try a WE Tranny like that :D
That Silvercore doesn’t look to shabby either. Wish the Silvercore were still available. How is the Ortofon ST7 ?

Me too. Got to wonder if the WE is just another hyped WE product just to keep pushing up the price.

There are a lot of great step-ups out there.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing