High-end Munich (á la Perfect sense | Stockholm)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yes, Marcus...not to take away from your remarkable setups and fantastic business...but i really need to know how you got such great pictures!!! What camera, what setting? ;)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I was thinking the same thing. The lighting is perfect.

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Excellent photography in both lighting and composition...using bounch flash ?

Many thanks for the kind words. I'm only using prime lenses, large apertures and a steady hand :) The biggest challenge during shows are usually not the lack of light, but the mix of colour temperatues and various intensity.

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Yes, Marcus...not to take away from your remarkable setups and fantastic business...but i really need to know how you got such great pictures!!! What camera, what setting? ;)

Haha... Thanks Lloyd ;)

For the tech-freak, I'm using a Canon 5D MKIII with 24/35/50mm prime lenses + Lightroom editing from the hotel bed. I do like large apertures (usually around 2.0). No flash, no gimmicks :)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Haha... Thanks Lloyd ;)

For the tech-freak, I'm using a Canon 5D MKIII with 24/35/50mm prime lenses + Lightroom editing from the hotel bed. I do like large apertures (usually around 2.0). No flash, no gimmicks :)

Great...thanks! You forgot to add you use 'lots of talent' and a good eye!

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Great...thanks! You forgot to add you use 'lots of talent' and a good eye!

If you say so ;) Don't forget that I'm only a humble Swede. We never ever brag, not even the slightest. We even have a word for it - it's called "Jante" over here ;)

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
The brand new Gryphon Diablo 300 shows a lot of promise, replacing the current Diablo who's been one of the most successful integrated amplifiers on this level worldwide for over a decade. The new Diablo 300 comes with an optional DAC and Phono stage.

High-end_München_2015-11.jpg

High-end_München_2015-10.jpg

High-end_München_2015-9.jpg

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
A nightmare to photograph, but a true joy to experience. The Wilson Benesch / CH Precision room is one of the most impressive at the show. Neither words nor photos can do the level of engineering and finishing of these magnificent products the justice they deserve.

Wilson Benesch was debuting their R1 rack series. I have to tell you that nothing comes close in relation to engineering, build quality and finish. I'm saying that with the deepest of respect for Stillpoints, SRA and HRS.

CH Precision has completed their C1-series with the new P1 phono stage, which looks as promising as everything else from this cutting edge company.

Both these companies are backed up by the nicest and most supportive people in the business by the way.

High-end_München_2015-22.jpg

High-end_München_2015-21.jpg

High-end_München_2015-20.jpg

High-end_München_2015-19.jpg

High-end_München_2015-18.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
If you say so ;) Don't forget that I'm only a humble Swede. We never ever brag, not even the slightest. We even have a word for it - it's called "Jante" over here ;)

Do the Swedes say "Jante Plus" or Super-Jante? ;) Anyway, great, great photos. Thanks for taking the time. Do let us know when you heard the Gryphon 300...interesting!

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Do the Swedes say "Jante Plus" or Super-Jante? ;) Anyway, great, great photos. Thanks for taking the time. Do let us know when you heard the Gryphon 300...interesting!

There's "the law of Jante" i.e. never pretend or act to be better than anyone else... It's kind of nice in a humble way, or just plain weak if you will ;)

The new Diablo 300 is only on silent display. Hopefully I'll get one of the early units after the summer.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
There's "the law of Jante" i.e. never pretend or act to be better than anyone else... It's kind of nice in a humble way, or just plain weak if you will ;)

The new Diablo 300 is only on silent display. Hopefully I'll get one of the early units after the summer.

Got it! ;)

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Absolare accompanied by Rockport Technologies has belonged to the strongest shining stars during the Munich show during recent years, with numerous "Best in Show" awards from leading reviewers worldwide. This year, Absolare debuts both their new monoblock (push-pull, 85W/8Ohm), but also a new two piece phono preamp that has been under development for several years. Cables (Echole) and resonance management (Stabilian) is also the fruit of Kerem Kucukaslan's solid work.

The result is a musical experience that breathes realism with a rare sense of naturalness. A wonderful contrast to the surprisingly large proportion of sterile and uninvolving systems at the show.

High-end_München_2015-25.jpg

High-end_München_2015-24.jpg

High-end_München_2015-23.jpg

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Boenicke is one of the smaller and most interesting European (Swiss) speaker manufacturers during recent years. What Sven (Boenicke) creates with his massive CNC-milled wooden cabinets is special. These are small speakers with a soundstage much larger than expected, which partnered with great dynamics and a very natural tonality creates a lifelike and very engaging experience!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing