Good Music for testing Audio Equipment

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010

Kefas

May 21, 2014
I love Holly Cole's version or more correct I love the album, especially Train Song;

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass

APP

Oct 1, 2014
That is a great version indeed and well recorded too. Perfect placement. Minor criticism is that I find that the voice sounds a bit as if in a different room, but a great version indeed.

Kefas

May 21, 2014
These two are still on special offer at the S.L. site and are both excellent downloads. High resolution music that is actually worth listening to also from a musical perspective.
https://www.soundliaison.com/

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
They sure do; motion picture music soundtracks (on DVD/Blu-ray/4K) have some of the most challenging dynamics of all music recordings, including the ones on open reel tapes, LPs and CDs.
The swings of micro and macro dynamics can be tremendous, the bass can reach in single digit Hertz, the lowest of the lowest octave from the full frequency audio spectrum.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
On LP s and R2R you have to consider roll off , RIAA correction , NAB CCIR correction /adjustments , DVD (CD s) is more a 2O hz - 20 Khz straight line " certainty"

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I cant do it often but if i play avatar on high volume, not even full open , the amount of energy that is put in the room is just frightening , it actually sends shivers through your spine .:D, and with the CAT extremely dynamic with total control
better then cinema :cool:

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
And im a 100 % sure that a lot of those audiophile speakers that " sound good with vocals " will be completely wrecked and sound broken if put through such tests.
That s why i design my own ;) , somethings you can just better do yourself :cool:

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
1756_foto1_product_groot_m.jpg

Hans Zimmer - Interstellar

cyclopse

Jul 25, 2016
I cant do it often but if i play avatar on high volume, not even full open , the amount of energy that is put in the room is just frightening , it actually sends shivers through your spine .:D, and with the CAT extremely dynamic with total control
better then cinema :cool:

Which particular track for this effect please?

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Which particular track for this effect please?

Id say avatar is full off it , but what sticks out is when they are attacked in the jungle in the beginning by the large predator and the native woman saves him with An Arrowshot.
When he gets to choose his flying bird sounds awesome too

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Very impressive and heavy :) ...250kg!

Yeah thats the downside a bit , but once they are placed you can move them around by one person on a hard floor, and its soon forgotten.
Still not really a thing i would have done differently after 3 years of use.
Argualeby may be a ribbontweeter but its merely a taste thing.
Virtually a perfect design to my ears.
But to fully exploit the design you need to be able to cranck up the volume

Last edited:

ljubisa05

Mar 23, 2018
Stumbled upon this thread just in the right time! I'm about to test out some new equipment and a few headsets. Some great suggestions here :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing