T.H.E. Show Newport 2015-Who's Going.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I will only be there this year on the final day as I will be on vacation and don't return until Saturday May 30. I usually host a small get together at my house each year and I would like to do the same this year for any who might be interested. I know it's the final day of the show and everyone might have planes to catch but nonetheless if there is an interest I will make it happen.

Please indicate here if you are interested in coming back to my house. I live 20 minutes from the venue

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
will be there Saturday and Sunday, Doc. consider me a maybe for your house- might be showing a new audiophile around the Show instead. thanks!

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Well, I'll be there all days :)
Just don't know if I'll be able to make it to your house, given that we'll have to break down the rooms, pack everything, etc... But will try!

alexandre

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I am planning on being there all three days and yes Friday is usually much less crowded, Sat and Sun are a zoo.

kevinkwann

Oct 14, 2010
Kidneystone-on-Trent
I plan on being there but must warn you that my trimethylaminuria has proven somewhat off-putting in the past (at least to those within a ten-foot radius). In fact I've actually cleared out rooms at previous shows! Not sure why since it never bothers me in the least.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
IMHO if you are going only one day Sunday is almost always the best. Crowds usually comparable or less than Friday, and the exhibitors have had their best chance to correct room and equipment foibles (which are almost universally present on Friday). I have had good (or better) sounding rooms all to myself for prolonged periods on Sunday of every show I have attended.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I plan on being there but must warn you that my trimethylaminuria has proven somewhat off-putting in the past (at least to those within a ten-foot radius). In fact I've actually cleared out rooms at previous shows! Not sure why since it never bothers me in the least.

Guess you're guaranteed the sweet spot then, unless they suffer from anosmia!

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
Unfortunately, I can't attend this year. My turntable did, however. It's in the Audio Prana room, so try to stop by. It has an Ikeda 12" arm with the new Ikeda cartridge, and I'm told the room sounds pretty good. Also it has a new controller that I truly believe is groundbreaking. One thing that we put in was the ability for the user to upgrade the software with a USB stick. It does a lot more, too. :)

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Sonny and I will attend all three days. Hope to see some of you! :cool:

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Mostly I'll be hanging out in the UHA/mbl room on the first floor.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Mostly I'll be hanging out in the UHA/mbl room on the first floor.
Didn't see you there in my brief visit a little while ago; it sounded as if MBL needs to work on things a bit, the sound wasn't nearly as good as usual.

I have already run into Sam (c1ferrari) and Gary though

DEV

Oct 19, 2011
Didn't see you there in my brief visit a little while ago; it sounded as if MBL needs to work on things a bit, the sound wasn't nearly as good as usual.

I have already run into Sam (c1ferrari) and Gary though

Did you drop in and have listen to the Kyron Kronos - impressions from any whom heard. Fremer thinks very highly of them saying they are wonderful and ...

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
The Kyron sounded good, but not significantly better to me (today) than two other similar but much less expensive dipoles, the Spatial Hologram M3 at $1500 and the new Emerald Physics at $2000. First day impressions only though.

In fact I was most impressed today by relatively inexpensive rooms, often under $10k total. The new Perfect8 Point MkIII at $100k did impress, as did the Nordost room with Magico S5's (don't remember the electronics) and the Light Harmonic room with Pass and Magico S3's. Lots of Wilson and Focal models, none of them sounding particularly good (yet).

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Just got back. Crazy day...quite a lot of good rooms though.
Had the real pleasure to finally meet Gary...a true gentleman and a wealth of information. Same for Alexander.

I'm tired, so more tomorrow on my impressions.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing