Keep brown/golden/yellow sugar in your fridge!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
About 2 months ago I started keeping it in the fridge and it's been as soft as the day I bought it. I make sure it's sealed tightly, so no air gets in. Maybe people have been doing this for years, but I never heard of it, so I thought I'd share. No more taking out a hammer to pulverize the cement-like consistency.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
About 2 months ago I started keeping it in the fridge and it's been as soft as the day I bought it. I make sure it's sealed tightly, so no air gets in. Maybe people have been doing this for years, but I never heard of it, so I thought I'd share. No more taking out a hammer to pulverize the cement-like consistency.

Been doing that for as long as I can remember

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
Why didn't you tell me that when I signed up? :p. I've never ever heard anyone mention this before.

Yeah never know where and when such valuable info arrives ... ex: based on preachings of Sheldon Cooper, I just recently stopped putting bread in the fridge ...

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Yeah never know where and when such valuable info arrives ... ex: based on preachings of Sheldon Cooper, I just recently stopped putting bread in the fridge ...
Oh? Please say more :). We keep our bread in the fridge in summer as otherwise it goes bad really quick. I am not talking about white bread that is full of preservative but rather freshly baked bread. What makes it bad?

Steve Williams

Oh? Please say more :). We keep our bread in the fridge in summer as otherwise it goes bad really quick. I am not talking about white bread that is full of preservative but rather freshly baked bread. What makes it bad?

Me too

I buy only the best whole wheat and grain bread and like Amir I keep it in the fridge otherwise I'd end up throwing out a lot

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
>> What makes it bad? <<

I'll let Sheldon explain ...

Proof that science is wrong sometimes :D The fridge keeps the mildew away. It is true that they will then be stale but there is a superb solution to that: toaster oven. It will come out as if it is just baked! Even two week old bread will be nearly as good as the day you bought it.

Steve Williams

Proof that science is wrong sometimes :D The fridge keeps the mildew away. It is true that they will then be stale but there is a superb solution to that: toaster oven. It will come out as if it is just baked! Even two week old bread will be nearly as good as the day you bought it.

Exactly what I use mine for every morning. Best toast .

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Sheldon's crusty nature cracks me up ...

Some audiophile somewhere probably thinks cryo'd bread taste even better.:p
Does this mean the starch in a cable can be colored to the blue/green side side of the audio spectrum ;)

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Amir, the other thing that we have in our kitchen that is also wonderful is a warmer under our oven. Takes a little longer but it is magnificent
That's a novel use of the warming drawer. We decided against getting one as we didn't see the value of warming the platters at the expense of extra storage.

Steve Williams

That's a novel use of the warming drawer. We decided against getting one as we didn't see the value of warming the platters at the expense of extra storage.

It sits under my microwave. Not much space. We use it a lot

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing