Cheap and good integrated amplifier with DAC

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
What price Amir?
Seems the trend from reviews I am reading is "digital" preamp or as you are after the integrated with internal DAC.
Cheers
Orb

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
NAD makes some good products that fit the bill starting at $500.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
What price Amir?
Seems the trend from reviews I am reading is "digital" preamp or as you are after the integrated with internal DAC.
Cheers
Orb
I am thinking at under $1000 range so that they can play against the AVRs.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Nice little box. I especially like the included Bluetooth.

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
I am thinking at under $1000 range so that they can play against the AVRs.

Ok no wonder your a bit stumped, that price is probably under in general what is directed at audio hifi segment; as an example I think the latest audiophile Sony/Yamaha/Hegel/Cambridge Audio/etc are about double that price for their latest integrated+DAC.
Definitely some out there as mentioned by a couple, although this is a challenge :)
Cheers
Orb

Last edited:

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Traditional audiophile budget could be such as NAD with their NAD D 3020.
http://www.stereophile.com/content/nad-d-3020-integrated-amplifier
Maybe some of their other entry products also fits close to $1000 as the 3020 is a fair bit under?

Or what I think fits the younger listeners these days could be something like the Naim Mu-so; but that is not the traditional stereo type setup although at least it combines everything including speaker in one integrated product.
The Naim Mu-so is around £850ish over here in the UK, so going to be close or unfortunately a little over but has integrated speakers.
http://www.whathifi.com/naim/mu-so/review

Cheers
Orb

JonFo

Jun 11, 2010
Big Canoe, GA
www.jonathanfoulkes.com

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Thanks guys. Keep it coming as I have never seen a collection of all of these options in one place.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
The other NAD that fits the bill is a more traditional amp, the 356BEE. W/the DAC module that has a USB and toslink input, it's about $900.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing