Tidal Akira

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
One more comment from Stereotimes:

"Master speaker builder Jörn Janczak of TIDAL loudspeakers was among the first persons I had met when I came first came to Munich back in 2003 (the last show held in Franfurt before moving to Munich in 2004). Since that time Janczak has literally turned this show on its proverbial ear. Whether showing off his newest series of electronics or those magnificently finished loudspeakers (top photo), he's always got a trick up his sleeves that leaves me stuck in deep admiration. Debuting at this year's show was Janczak's most auspicious project to date: the nearly 8' ft tall La Assoluta. Sporting two of the world's only Accuton diamond midrange drivers, Janczak seemed quite proud of this latest design.
Noticing the I'll never be able to afford a speaker at that price look on my face, Janczak pointed to a far less expensive alternative in his newly introduced Akira loudspeaker. Sporting the same diamond midrange as its bigger brother and strapped to an all-TIDAL system, the sound was every bit as good as I expected from Janczak: bold, inviting and dimensional. In fact, I would want to place a little emphasis on dimensional since I think that's what separates the TIDAL loudspeaker brand from all the rest." (Clement Perry)

Rick Brown

Aug 13, 2012
Carlsbad, California
www.rbhifi1.com
Confirming your request for my impressions, understanding I am a TIDAL Akira dealer awaiting my initial delivery based in Carlsbad, CA -- Hi Fi One.

" ...the Akira reminds me of a one way loudspeaker with full range performance. The 5" diamond midrange plays amazingly low paired with a 1.2" diamond tweeter. The crossover cannot be detected by my ears, such is the driver to driver coherence. The midrange driver is built more like a large tweeter than a conventional midrange driver and utilizes a voice coil designed to avoid rear reflection. Moreover, micro dynamic life is horn like combined with speed, transparency to source and most importantly it is a very musical sounding loudspeaker. I believe the Akira represents a seminal moment in moving coil loudspeaker design and execution..."

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Confirming your request for my impressions, understanding I am a TIDAL Akira dealer awaiting my initial delivery based in Carlsbad, CA -- Hi Fi One.

" ...the Akira reminds me of a one way loudspeaker with full range performance. The 5" diamond midrange plays amazingly low paired with a 1.2" diamond tweeter. The crossover cannot be detected by my ears, such is the driver to driver coherence. The midrange driver is built more like a large tweeter than a conventional midrange driver and utilizes a voice coil designed to avoid rear reflection. Moreover, micro dynamic life is horn like combined with speed, transparency to source and most importantly it is a very musical sounding loudspeaker. I believe the Akira represents a seminal moment in moving coil loudspeaker design and execution..."

Thanks for your fast response.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
The technical specs of the Akira are not yet officially available due to the great success of the Tidal Akira loudspeakers. Notwithstanding the big investment they require they are selling really well and Tidal needs all resources to cope with the demand for the Akira and their other loudspeakers. Tidal is working on a new website as well and once that site is ready all the specs will become available. I guess that will be soon.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Gorgeous !! Is that a ground post on the back panel . Does the LA also come with one ?

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Gorgeous !! Is that a ground post on the back panel . Does the LA also come with one ?

Yes, both the Tidal LA and Akira have their dedicated grounding posts on the back panels.

Btw, I Have not yet tried to ground my LA loudspeakers because I want to do this when (i) they are fully played in and (ii) I am actually able to use some very good grounding cables. Have the latter (with the right length) not yet available.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Has anyone been able to obtain the true frequency specs (-3db point would be good enough) and sensitivity? Tidal, Gauder and several other manufacturers don't like to release them stating their position that the industry is fraught with rigged and unreliable specs (a true statement). That notwithstanding,...it's difficult chasing this, the Agoria, Sunray or any other speaker without knowing what it's truly capable of.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Has anyone been able to obtain the true frequency specs (-3db point would be good enough) and sensitivity? Tidal, Gauder and several other manufacturers don't like to release them stating their position that the industry is fraught with rigged and unreliable specs (a true statement). That notwithstanding,...it's difficult chasing this, the Agoria, Sunray or any other speaker without knowing what it's truly capable of.

The person who is in the best position to answer your questions is Jorn from Tidal Audio. He is always very helpful to persons who are seriously interested in his loudspeakers or any other of the Tidal products. Why do you not give him a call?

Jorn informed me about the impedance curve and sensitivity of the Tidal Sunray and La Assoluta loudspeakers when I wanted to know whether they could successfully be combined with my Kondo equipment.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Thank you...I have communicated with Jorn several times as well as well as his #1 advocate/dealer here in the US. I am planning on flying to hear the Agoria's
and trying to make other arrangements to hear anything else I can (Sunray and Akira); that notwithstanding, they are simply not giving up the specs.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing