Ingress - the game for walkers

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Walking is my chosen form of exercise - but it's hard to get motivated in the winter, after a long day at work, etc. etc. Well, a friend introduced me to Ingress on Friday and I started playing the game on Saturday. I am hooked. The game is by Google's Niantic Labs and features two factions - you choose one - and basically, you hack portals, deploy "resonators" to claim them, link them to throw up protection fields. A new feature is missions.

So my walking pattern has changed. Instead of twice around the block at lunch yesterday, I walked towards and around portals. I am crossing streets and walking a little farther in order to get to a portal, and last night, since I had not made my 6,000 steps for the day (I was at about 4,000), I fired the game up and found a 15 minute mission at the park next door to me. 30 minutes later, I was over 10,000 steps. Woohoo!

Now... let's see how long I can keep this up or it holds my interest and helps motivate me. There are also local groups to find walking buddies, meet-ups and events. Events! One that the local groups are discussing will take place in Portland over a weekend - i.e. people converge into town and try to claim it for their faction. LoL.

https://www.ingress.com/

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing