Samsung and Payment Wallet: tell me it ain't so

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Samsung thinks it should copy anything Apple does. But I think they are out of their mind with "Samsung Pay." These guys have no track record of knowing Internet security. And to be a foreign company to boot, who would want to put their trust in them??? What recourse does one have in going after them? Suing the empty shell that is their US sales and marketing?

They acquired LoopPay which has a neat way to handle retail transactions: generate the magnetic signals that the scanning the card in the terminal would have. The S6 smartphones have the transmitter built-in. So that is good. The bad would me giving my credit card data to Samsung so that it can generate the code sequence. Not going to happen.

Apple can go vertically integrated but not Samsung.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
The same Samsung which was caught snooping on people through the Samsung TV's cameras?? I sincerely would like to assist the meeting that gave birth to this service.

BTW .. I am 51% certain I am leaving the Android ecosystem ...

Not married to any technology or company. I have experienced the Apple iPhone 6 and will likely acquire the model they will announce this year: 6s , 6 Plusses? whatever...

Last edited:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Can't blame you. Android has become a jungle and no more so than Samsung phone. So much crap and junk thrown in by Samsung and the ever changing interface by Google. Constant mix of good and bad.

I will stay with the platform due to wide choice of hardware, and some emotional need to do the opposite of whatever Steve does, but they are making it hard to do so. Really hard.

Just today the stupid messaging app pops up some dialog asking if I want to give it a 5 star review with some cartoonish graphics! Here I thought I was using Google's text messaging app.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
You guys have a lot of patience. Apple's far from perfect, in fact I think they've been iterating some of their software too fast and its taken a reliability hit -- but there's none of the constant aggravation I've found with PCs and Android.

I'm sure there's ways to disable all the crapware and buyins on my Samsung laptop, but it's not obvious and/or doesn't work when I do try to disable. I dislike it every time I have to open it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing