Blade 2 - 1st NA dealer demo pair - I heard them!

Popspin

Apr 28, 2015
Hi Steve: the quick answer to your question is yes. The Uni-Q driver is identical on both Blades. I have read some reports that listeners preferred the Two but neither I, nor a friend who also bought the Two felt there was an descernable difference in mods and highs. I am still amazed by the scale of the image they produce.
In room response does reach down to around 30hz on the Two. The original does plumb deeper. But you will be amazed what the Two can do with bass. Room placement plays a role as my bass response with the speakers 7' off the front wall is different than my friend who has his within 3' of his front wall. I prefer my setup which is in keeping with the recommendations in the user manual.
I agree with your take on KEF's ability to get the mid range just right. To my ears they also get much of the rest of the spectrum right on the Blades. They are a clear step up from the Reference series displaying significantly more capability that competes with many highly regarded more expensive options.
As I started earlier in the thread I listened to numerous well regarded alternatives before making my decision. I hope you enjoy your journey and find the speaker that satisfies your sensibilities.
popspin

Would you say the Blade2 is identical sounding to the Blade with bass output for a smaller room? I've owned a couple pair of kef Reference a pair of q and even a small pair of c10's i think and what I liked best about kef was they always get the midrange perfect and as price goes up so does resolution and frequency range. Enjoy. After nearly 30 years of kef's i'm venturing out and trying other brands and it seems each company has something to hang their hat on.

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
6 years down the road a half dozen well regarded speakers later, thank you AG and USAM. I have a pair of snow white blades in my 27'x17'x7' listening room. Whew, a couple rooms at axpona would impress me the raidho D1.1 and big Wilsons and everything else was hampered by conditions, so I'll say the previous 'highly recommended speakers' that went back up the stairs and out the door were let down by my conditions. These are sensitive times and I don't want to offend anyone, but these blades are stunning, easy to drive, and that I just plopped them sorta where they looked right and i'm getting the highest level of fidelity i've ever heard reproduced is so satisfying. I posted on another forum, I thought I'd grown out of the hobby, all these great speakers that interested me intellectually but no emotional involvement. Goosebumps are back baby. There were Blade 2's I could have got for a little less but since my room usually sounds lean I went with the big boys. I never thought this was possible.

Reactions: FDPDK

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing