Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Yes! I've heard a test pressing on the Kronos/A95 combo, and it was fantastic! And apparently it went down a storm at AXPONA too.
Ordered a few copies to have at the store...

alexandre

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
So bummed its a 45. Unless asiufy flips the record every 10 mins :)

I don't think you will have any trouble getting help to flip that particular record every 10-12 minutes, once they hear it. it's very compelling music. the additional performance of the 45 in this case has to be experienced.

there are three cuts per side, with 4 sides.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Keith,

Got something just for you then!

[h=4]The Lincoln Series 50 Turn-Over Pneumatic Record Changer![/h]http://www.myvintagetv.com/updates2/lincoln/lincoln_changer.htm

:)

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
I must say, this is an excellent recording. Just fantastic for Dino lovers! Great pressing!!

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
Planning to hear it soon too.

But have to travel quite a distance....8500 miles...but I'm sure it will be worth the effort and time. ;)

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I've never heard Dean but love Frank. Is it a no-brainer in that case or is he an acquired taste?

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I am Frank all the way, nobody has his timing and brass.
Have recently started listening to Dean, different timing but very good.

Frank sings about love and things :D but Dean sings more about the sensual side of love and things, his playboy image.

On a side note, for some silly movie watching check out the Matt Helm movies, classic Dean! I love them, but then again I love cheesy movies. Spoofs every spy movie before and after brilliantly.

http://www.listal.com/list/matt-helms-movies

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I am Frank all the way, nobody has his timing and brass.
Have recently started listening to Dean, different timing but very good.

Frank sings about love and things :D but Dean sings more about the sensual side of love and things, his playboy image.

On a side note, for some silly movie watching check out the Matt Helm movies, classic Dean! I love them, but then again I love cheesy movies. Spoofs every spy movie before and after brilliantly.

http://www.listal.com/list/matt-helms-movies

Thanks, I ordered it. :)

dafos

Sep 17, 2010
I bought this LP in Hong Kong pressed by Music on Vinyl which normally doesn't make very good pressings. Fantastic recording and great music and a must for Dean Martin fans and I can only imagine how much better the analog productions pressing will sound.

Hifigary

May 26, 2014
Thanks for nothing Mr.Tinn! My wife heard the cut Blue Moon from upstairs, ran down , grabbed me and we proceeded to slow dance. Now I can't get her out of my listening room and I've lost the sweet spot to boot. And by the way the Dean Martin LP is all that you said and more.

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
Thanks for nothing Mr.Tinn! My wife heard the cut Blue Moon from upstairs, ran down , grabbed me and we proceeded to slow dance. Now I can't get her out of my listening room and I've lost the sweet spot to boot. And by the way the Dean Martin LP is all that you said and more.

:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing