Concentra I phono stage

DHL

Apr 20, 2015
I am looking at perhaps buying a Concentra I integrated amp. It has a phono stage option, but I can find no specs on it in the user's manual or on Jeff Roland site. Supposedly it has input loading options but again no info on where these are and how you change loadings. Anyone know where to find this info? It is also supposed to support MM/MC carts, but no mention of a need to switch gain settings, loadings, etc.

Also, what is this "run cool" option and how would I know if this amp has it? Serial number is high 700's.

Also, what do you think this amp is worth? It has some cosmetic issues and is by no means perfect.

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)
Hi DHL, I will try to obtain some answers from the factory.... It is worth considering that Concentra I was designed between 1993 and 1996. Product was withdrawn in 2001. so detailed info after 20 years might be a little sparse / hard to obtain.

Why not opt for a more recent Rowland integrated instead?

Best, Guido

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)
Hi DHL, the "run cool" option is no longer available. Does the unit you are considering have this option already installed?

I have received an electronic copy of the Concentra phono card installation guide. If you need me to send it to you, shoot me an email.

Regards, Guido

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing