Any news on rumored Dartzeel 108 replacement?

4music

Apr 15, 2013
The Dartzeel 108 is a fantastic amplifier with almost 10 years history with minor tweaks and upgrades (last one I know is the SNCP upgrade in 2012) and still relevant today. Last year there was a rumor about an upcoming Mk 2 update in audio blogs for end of 2014/beginning of 2015. Any forum member has any further info to share?

I am also looking for opinions whether a Dart 108 would be a good mach for my incoming YG Carmel 2 (Nominal impedance 8 Ohms/min 2 Ohms @ 4KHz).

Room size 14ft x 20ft x 8 ft, mostly accoustic, small scale classical & jazz music, not interested in stadium pressure levels.

Thanks

Tim

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
No word on the successor of the 108, but I did hear the YG Carmel 2 with the CTH-8550 integrated, and it was mindblowingly good.

Given your music preferences, and listening habits, I think the 108s will sound lovely on the Carmel 2s.

alexandre

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing