JackD201 - Almost Done

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
LOL the blue is really LOUD in natural and white light right? Thankfully under normal conditions this paint code is very chameleon like. It changes color as you go around the cars/speakers and is a deep, almost midnight blue with indoor lighting.

Rodney, the one right behind the black tower has your name on it :D

Tang, it's definitely spicy here in SEA, you guys in Thailand got it going ON man!

Tao, my rug no longer matches! What do I do?!!! LOL

A4, you have hawk's eyes my friend.

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
They are beautiful Jack! Very nice color aswell, the white cones looks even better on that.
It looks the blue one has a newer (custom Accuton?) midrange?

Yes it does:)

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
LOL the blue is really LOUD in natural and white light right? Thankfully under normal conditions this paint code is very chameleon like. It changes color as you go around the cars/speakers and is a deep, almost midnight blue with indoor lighting.

Rodney, the one right behind the black tower has your name on it :D

Tang, it's definitely spicy here in SEA, you guys in Thailand got it going ON man!

Tao, my rug no longer matches! What do I do?!!! LOL

A4, you have hawk's eyes my friend.

Your living in super exciting times Jack, maybe time to cut a new rug brother. Love the bold and confident style, nice and clean and contemporary, looking forward to hearing about them when you first hit play.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The pics are BACK! Looks like Photobucket did an about face. Thanks for the heads up Phil! Just in time too! Hehehehehe!

Expect lots of pics from Camp Big Falcon this coming weekend. It's MOVING DAY!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The pics are BACK! Looks like Photobucket did an about face. Thanks for the heads up Phil! Just in time too! Hehehehehe!

Expect lots of pics from Camp Big Falcon this coming weekend. It's MOVING DAY!

Woohoo!!! :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Jack is not only almost done but well done, or done well. :)

THE BIG BLUES

P_20180708_153325.jpg

P_20180708_153001.jpg

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I am very fortunate to be one of those invited to listen to the newly arrived Ultra 11s of Jack, aka Big Blue, plus the full chain of CH Precision electronics, plus the 1.5 CS footers in CM racks. That is a mouthful. And the result is as staggering a change in the entire sonic spectrum of Jack's sound from the last time I was there. Off the bat, we played Cantate Domino who is like a national anthem of audiophiles in these islands. And immediately, the sense of air and space of the male vocalists are incredibly rendered it is spooky real. The cut of O Holy Night is completely redefined and seems like I am hearing this entirely in a new light and presentation. Wide, deep, with 3D layering like I've never heard before.

I brought with me my favorite promo and demo LPs, among which is the CES Preview pressing of James Newton Howard and Friends from Sheffield Lab. I have known this album for decades and it never sounded as good as this afternoon, with kick drum whacks sounding like only a live drum set can do, like in a music store that sells and demos drum sets in the malls here. :D That is how real it sounded with tremendous impact, low end attack and clarity in crispy clear fashion. Then promo copies of Linda Ronstadt's For Sentimental Reasons and Doris Day's Latin for Lovers came up and the lovely voices set in for each of these recordings, with full bodied mids and tinge of emotion one can feel while they sang. The RCA Living Stereo original LP of Bob and Ray Throw a Stereo Spectacular was next, and the Volga Boat cut was the best I have ever heard for a big band recording. Totally mind boggling realism, dynamics and loudness without fatigue nor shrill. I told Jack that it is like his system has some tubes in it but it actually is all solid state. I thought he had a 12AX7 hidden somewhere in those preamps. :D All told, this is a system where yin meets yang and they become one. The tubey sounding mids and highs were there, and so was the tight, powerful, fast and articulate bass. This is my kind of tea. And this kind of tea knocked my socks and jacket off today. Great job, Jack, as I mentioned, you're not only done, you're well done and you've done well. You've created the total package. I know your system will keep getting better as time goes on. Thanks for inviting me for the experience. It's one of the best I've had. :)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I am very fortunate to be one of those invited to listen to the newly arrived Ultra 11s of Jack, aka Big Blue, plus the full chain of CH Precision electronics, plus the 1.5 CS footers in CM racks. That is a mouthful. And the result is as staggering a change in the entire sonic spectrum of Jack's sound from the last time I was there. Off the bat, we played Cantate Domino who is like a national anthem of audiophiles in these islands. And immediately, the sense of air and space of the male vocalists are incredibly rendered it is spooky real. The cut of O Holy Night is completely redefined and seems like I am hearing this entirely in a new light and presentation. Wide, deep, with 3D layering like I've never heard before.

I brought with me my favorite promo and demo LPs, among which is the CES Preview pressing of James Newton Howard and Friends from Sheffield Lab. I have known this album for decades and it never sounded as good as this afternoon, with kick drum whacks sounding like only a live drum set can do, like in a music store that sells and demos drum sets in the malls here. :D That is how real it sounded with tremendous impact, low end attack and clarity in crispy clear fashion. Then promo copies of Linda Ronstadt's For Sentimental Reasons and Doris Day's Latin for Lovers came up and the lovely voices set in for each of these recordings, with full bodied mids and tinge of emotion one can feel while they sang. The RCA Living Stereo original LP of Bob and Ray Throw a Stereo Spectacular was next, and the Volga Boat cut was the best I have ever heard for a big band recording. Totally mind boggling realism, dynamics and loudness without fatigue nor shrill. I told Jack that it is like his system has some tubes in it but it actually is all solid state. I thought he had a 12AX7 hidden somewhere in those preamps. :D All told, this is a system where yin meets yang and they become one. The tubey sounding mids and highs were there, and so was the tight, powerful, fast and articulate bass. This is my kind of tea. And this kind of tea knocked my socks and jacket off today. Great job, Jack, as I mentioned, you're not only done, you're well done and you've done well. You've created the total package. I know your system will keep getting better as time goes on. Thanks for inviting me for the experience. It's one of the best I've had. :)

There was never a doubt in my mind that Jack is assembling a world class system and this report confirms this. Kudos Jack.Im waiting for my invitation to hear it.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Go! Go! Go! Team South East Asia. Way to go!!

Tang:)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The other 'starters '

P_20180708_172605.jpg

P_20180708_172436.jpg

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Congratulations Jack! Wishing you the time to kick back and enjoy :) !

david

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lights out and The Big Blues transform to 'stealth mode', i.e., colorless. :D

P_20180708_153325.jpg

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
JACK!!!!!!!!!

So happy for you my friend. Enjoy!!!

Rodney

mountainjoe

Industry Expert
Mar 25, 2015
Bay Area, California
eigenaudio.com
Amazing system Jack - congratulations!

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations on getting the new speakers installed, Jack! They look completely amazing, and I am sure they sound even better!

Tinka and I wish you a lifetime of musical pleasure with them!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Congratulations Jack, the speakers look great. Are they Estoril blue? :D

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Jack, how are you liking that Stromtank?

Which components are being powered by the Stromtank?

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Congratulations Jack, blue looks like it has some truly deep party mode potential, awesome stuff. Great to see it coming together so well. It’s all looking completely extraordinary, enjoy!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing