JackD201 - Almost Done

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Micro,

It will be my second time in San Sebastian and we will be flying into the region through Bilbao. Yes! The food is to die for! We'll be going back to Mugaritz and even agreed to participate in a research project they're doing. We lan on making day trips by car into nearby towns and even into France. Thank God for the wife who drives well and doesn't drink! :)

Hi David,

Got it and answered.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
We're coming in through Amsterdam then to San Sebastian and back through Istanbul. Keith (nephilim here at WBF) and his wife are leaving a few days ahead and will in fact be coming in through Lisbon. I couldn't join that leg because of prior family commitments. :( I did ask him to get some good port for us :D

@Lloyd - London may be in the cards for 2016, hopefully a jaunt at St. Andrews too! :D

Fantastic! While in Istanbul, definitely stay at the Four Seasons on the Bosphorous if you can (there are two...we much prefer the newer one which has nearly 300m along the Bosphorous.) The W Hotel is cool as well in Nisantasi (pronounced Neshan-tashay)

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
+1 great to see you back Jack, Istanbul is wonderful, the mosques, Aya Sophia as well as Topkapi Palace, amazing culture... have a great time.

Graham

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I've never been so I'm very excited. I've been reading up on their history which is something I always do prior to a visit. Looking up the modern art galleries it appears they have a number of very interesting contemporary artists too. We have a Fairmont Fractal (St. Andrews was a huge selling point!) so we will be trading Ghirardelli days and staying at Swissotel Bosphorous. The Fairmont is a bit far from the square.

Hi Gary, Hi Graham!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My new/old Bosses weren't too thrilled that I'd be taking off for two whole weeks Lee but they were kind enough to do so :D Thanks!

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Your whole setup makes me wish I knew how to ski David!

Jack,
Skiing is the easy part. You put on 2 skis, have someone push you on the top of the hill, and voila, you're skiing! Stopping, on the other hand, is the tricky part. :)
Welcome back
Marty

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Nice to hear of your return, Jack. :)

Istanbul is a wonderful city with lovely people, cuisine, coffee, and hookah bars ;-)
It was an interesting time when my spouse and I had visited in 2001...armored vehicles
were not uncommon sights. :eek:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

Istanbul...

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The first thing that popped in my head when the gang brought up Istanbul was that movie Bob!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
The first thing that popped in my head when the gang brought up Istanbul was that movie Bob!

I truly didn't want to derail the thread (your thread Jack); I'm sure Istanbul is a lovely city with lovely people and lovely food and drinks and smoke. ...And audiophiles. :b
It's just that this movie had a high impact since first I saw it (I got the DigiBook Blu-ray too...of course).

It is nice to travel and visit many places of the globe...and meet the people of those places...in person.
My best friend just left to Ireland this morning with his lovely wife...that's where he was born, and started his career as a professional musician. He's no audiophile though, just a great music/flute player and songwriter and singer poet. ...And a professional painter too.

And when we don't travel we still can...through movies...documentaries...music. Life is beautiful.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
One thing for sure is I won't be riding a dirt bike on the roof of the Grand Bazaar! I was a decent enduro and motocross rider.............60lbs ago.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing