WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks Dre! I'm very much looking forward to getting them all up and running :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I spent 14 hours pushing the M1s to get a handle on their performance envelope. These are insane amplifiers. I couldn't faze them with anything I threw at 'em.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Stevie

Not replacing but definitely in the rotation. We maintain company owned full time demo systems of KR, LH, EERA and of course Lamm. It's part of our commitment to our partners. We might not have everything in stock but the goal is never to have a day where someone comes in and we won't have a set to show because we're "sold out". These full time demoes get sold if a new model replaces the old. As is the case with the LP2s which were sold to make room for LP2.1s. Unless an M2.3 comes out these babies are staying where I can see them :D

I will post pics shortly :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
M1.jpg

ch.jpg

Just phone pics will try to take better ones later

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Exciting times here in Manila. We have Jack's Dark Knight Lair (always dark), :D Jim's Emperor Lair, and my uncle's Dragon Lair. And we're expecting VIPs of the speaker world Albert and Gary to visit too. :D

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Almost Done? Yup. Final pieces coming in from Japan, Switzerland and the United States within the year.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hi Jack! We be missing you around here. Hope you're ok!

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
I'm afraid Jack is on permanent leave. Seems a fellow WBFer made sure of it. A pity in that Jack is one of the most knowledgeable A'philes I've met...of course not in the same league with PeterB... :p

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'm afraid Jack is on permanent leave. Seems a fellow WBFer made sure of it. A pity in that Jack is one of the most knowledgeable A'philes I've met...of course not in the same league with PeterB... :p
Really? That just sad. He is/was one of my fave members. Just a genuine nice guy. :(

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass

How do you know this? What did I miss?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Jack is indeed on permanent leave I am sad to say and yes it was as a result of a member here who unfortunately has done that on many other occasions with other members. It won't take much imagination to figure who that member is.

IMO the forum has lost a lot when Jack left but knowing him and how he is true to all around him his reasons for leaving cannot IMO be faulted , again I am sad to say. He was for sure on of the most knowledgeable audiophiles this board had and one of the nicest persons anyone would want to meet.

Jack is also running for congressional elections in the Philippines so if you're reading Jack, best of luck to you buddy. We all miss you

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Jack is indeed on permanent leave I am sad to say and yes it was as a result of a member here who unfortunately has done that on many other occasions with other members. It won't take much imagination to figure who that member is.

IMO the forum has lost a lot when Jack left but knowing him and how he is true to all around him his reasons for leaving cannot IMO be faulted , again I am sad to say. He was for sure on of the most knowledgeable audiophiles this board had and one of the nicest persons anyone would want to meet.

Jack is also running for congressional elections in the Philippines so if you're reading Jack, best of luck to you buddy. We all miss you

Jack is the one who introduced me to WBF, and I was quite shocked when he brought that news to me, that he was leaving. And I agree with you Steve, his reasons cannot be faulted. Truly he is one of the nicest men I've ever met and WBF is losing a great guy, in audio knowledge, and everything else. Will relay your message to him, Steve, in case he hasn't read your godspeed.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Thanks Phil

I couldn't agree more about Jack and his personality so to see some things being posted here that were so upsetting for him that all he wanted was an apology and life would have been good. Jack my good friend I am betting that you will be the first sitting audiophile President of a nation. We all miss you buddy.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing