Silver to match the CH M1s Ron :)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
The VR-11 Mk2s will be packed, boom trucked, delivered and installed at their new happy Dad's place tomorrow.

If I were an NBA Team, I've just gone officially into rebuild mode. Maxxums and AF1 Premium ready for pick-up. SAT being done by Marc as facilitated by my big bro and good buddy Wilfred who is out somewhere in Norway now hunting for the Northern Lights. Titanium wands reserved and mo' CH goodies being prepped. Stacked M1s? We'll see. Big Blue is also in the works. I've got Keith's old Jerez Black VR-44s and KR VA900s to keep me company in the bedroom. Excited to try the brand new KR preamp, the P-135 which uses 45s instead of their proprietary Octals. I'll probably go and raid Keith's stash of RCA Globes to swap around with to make things even more interesting :D I won't have vinyl though :(

Funny how I missed the mark so much with the title of this. How little did I know then that I was so FAR from done!

Are we ever really done

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
They look fantastic, Jack!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Ready for final polish Ron :D Thanks!

Violetmachan

Feb 25, 2012
Way to go jack....looks gorgeous in blue,
Are all three pairs of ultras comin your way
Finally I got to see the rollers under the ultra 11’s and 9’s.
they are usually hidden under the VSA signature skirting at the speaker bases...was always tempted to put special isolation spikes once I had finalised speaker position my room/ setup....has anybody done that?
I was advised not to....
well thoroughly enjoying just listening to music through the vr9se marks2s!
Strange my tenor phono stage came in 6/12 and still in the box!,,....still searching for a suitable TT
Should be fun reading and watching your magical write up
Do keep us posted jack!!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
stunning, Jack!

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thank you, thank you my friends! :D

Sam, the upcoming AF3 Premium fits on a standard shelf and sure would look cool with all your Tenor beauties :) While I too wondered about spikes, Albert did take them unto consideration too in the Series 1s. Ultimately he designed them around the casters so there's no sonic penalty. The key was the size and hardness of the casters. Like a tire the contact patch is important. Contact area is about a sq cm and the weight is great enough so they stay firmly planted. The benefit of moving large speaker with one finger is too big a thing to sacrifice. Joe of Critical Mass and his son ran the numbers with the 111s as he was part of the custom project too. He did the vibration control for the external crossovers. He confirmed that casters for those were fine too. I use RiZE loudspeaker footers on all my smaller VS speakers. More flesh in the upper mids :) The two pairs of Ultras 11s are coming this way, the other pair is a friend's. We're sharing a 20ft container. I wish the Ultra 9s were mine too! LOL

Hi Jeff, three sets of electronics set for demo, soon to be 4. CH Precision M1s, KR VA200 and Lamm M2.2. Hush on the fourth brand we will be representing for now.

This is the final push. A Stromtank S2500 for the front end and two S5000 High Power variants for the back end are arriving end of the month, an engineer from TechDAS is coming to do functional upgrades to AF1 Premium on our first gen AF1s, the CS footers come out of their boxes and go between the gear and the Maxxums, reharness with all Ultra cabling, the SAT arm goes on front, Elite with TD wands in the rear. Leif and Damon arrive the same time as whomever Nishikawa-san sends and BOOM! Party time! :D All I need now is to snag Jim's A80 and his King Cellos hahahaha Are you lurking there bro? wink, wink.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Thank you, thank you my friends! :D

Sam, the upcoming AF3 Premium fits on a standard shelf and sure would look cool with all your Tenor beauties :) While I too wondered about spikes, Albert did take them unto consideration too in the Series 1s. Ultimately he designed them around the casters so there's no sonic penalty. The key was the size and hardness of the casters. Like a tire the contact patch is important. Contact area is about a sq cm and the weight is great enough so they stay firmly planted. The benefit of moving large speaker with one finger is too big a thing to sacrifice. Joe of Critical Mass and his son ran the numbers with the 111s as he was part of the custom project too. He did the vibration control for the external crossovers. He confirmed that casters for those were fine too. I use RiZE loudspeaker footers on all my smaller VS speakers. More flesh in the upper mids :) The two pairs of Ultras 11s are coming this way, the other pair is a friend's. We're sharing a 20ft container. I wish the Ultra 9s were mine too! LOL

Hi Jeff, three sets of electronics set for demo, soon to be 4. CH Precision M1s, KR VA200 and Lamm M2.2. Hush on the fourth brand we will be representing for now.

This is the final push. A Stromtank S2500 for the front end and two S5000 High Power variants for the back end are arriving end of the month, an engineer from TechDAS is coming to do functional upgrades to AF1 Premium on our first gen AF1s, the CS footers come out of their boxes and go between the gear and the Maxxums, reharness with all Ultra cabling, the SAT arm goes on front, Elite with TD wands in the rear. Leif and Damon arrive the same time as whomever Nishikawa-san sends and BOOM! Party time! :D All I need now is to snag Jim's A80 and his King Cellos hahahaha Are you lurking there bro? wink, wink.

This makes Southeast Asia an interesting place for audio hobby. :)

Tang

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
What a terrible color....too big.....I hate them...

Ok, I’m jealous:mad:

audioquattr

VIP/Donor
Sep 7, 2016
Netherlands
They are beautiful Jack! Very nice color aswell, the white cones looks even better on that.
It looks the blue one has a newer (custom Accuton?) midrange?

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Looking really inspirational Jack, congratulations.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing