Let's Do the First Analog Poll Tonight

How many records do you currently have in your LP collection?

• None

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • 1-500

Votes: 39 21.2%
  • 500-1000

Votes: 34 18.5%
  • 1000-2000

Votes: 42 22.8%
  • 2000-5000

Votes: 46 25.0%
  • 5000-10,000

Votes: 16 8.7%
  • I sleep on the front lawn

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

theophile

theophile

Wow- you live on the Sunshine Coast- I had an apartment south of the Gold Coast until last year.
Many happy years there, what a perfect climate! What beaches. What great surf clubs with cheap
beer & excellent meals. I miss it but retirement meant I was priced out of Australia.

I grew up in Sydney and the Gold Coast. "Many happy years there". Well, I don't need to tell you anything about the place. To everyone else: If you love Nature and you love being out of your comfort zone, Australia will fulfill and exceed your expectations. Life On The Edge.

theophile

Loheswaran

Dec 19, 2014
Just to be devils advocate - average record is 40 mins long 40 x 2000 = 80,000 = 1333.33 hours = 55.55 days solid.

For me I get to spend, at best 6 hours listening a week. that's only 312 hours - so that means it will take me 4.27 years to get through 2000 records end to end.

My simple point being that isn't there a bit of showboating like stately homes in the uk with people who used to buy a 'yard' of books?

I have perhaps just over 1000 records - truth be told I can't genuinely say I know each record very well.

Reactions: Cfcjb

Pacha

VIP/Donor
Apr 23, 2014
Years back I had in excess of 12,000 LPs. Sold the big house and moved into town and downsized the collection to approximately 3,500. Find I'm listening more to some than others and am considering sending some to my children who both have and enjoy the LP experience.

Cfcjb

Nov 20, 2017
I have approximately 1500 LPs. It’s a constant process of acquiring and letting go. Refining what I have got, if you will. I’d like to Max out at around 2-3000. More than that and I think you just start to lose track of it all.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing