You ain't heard Pink Floyd like this...

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Indra Rios Moore:

Stunning album entitled Heartland, from Impulse. 96/24 download.

Produced by the great Larry Klein:

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I appreciate the art and I'm sure it sounds fabulous, but I prefer my PF straight up!

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I appreciate the art and I'm sure it sounds fabulous, but I prefer my PF straight up!

I'm usually a purist also, but when I heard this live acoustic version...incredible. That acoustic bass line and sax arrangement is really something. Like her voice too. I love the original PF version but honestly think I would prefer to hear Indra Rios Moore live in a jazz club rather than being blasted by the high volume of a Pink Floyd show.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I'm usually a purist also, but when I heard this live acoustic version...incredible. That acoustic bass line and sax arrangement is really something. Like her voice too. I love the original PF version but honestly think I would prefer to hear Indra Rios Moore live in a jazz club rather than being blasted by the high volume of a Pink Floyd show.

+1

Rock shows are bad for your ears. I will never go to one again. Fortunately, there are so many good concerts of classical and classical avantgarde, with the latter often being free...Long live Boston!

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I am for the most part with Johnny on this one, it sounds great, great emotion, dynamics but I got very bored with it on the second time through.

Call me strange but this has always been my Night Club/Lounge Singer sitting/laying on a piano smoke in the air fantasy.
https://youtu.be/Mj20XpZ49eg
As a young lad I followed this band for two reasons, Debbie Harry and Clem Burke, quite the little jazz stickman in this one.

Have not figured out how to get the actual video to post on this forum yet, sorry

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Not so sure anymore on this one...

That's ok.

No question about her voice, but I'm not digging the jazz interpretation of this song. IMO the connection to the original is sporadic at best. JMHO.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
MEH

Just what the world needs, another Jazz lite cover version of a great song.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
MEH

Just what the world needs, another Jazz lite cover version of a great song.
Money hardly qualifies as a "great" song...

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
DSOTM was released 42 years ago!, Four years after man landed on the bright side of the moon (actually all sides of the moon get dark over a month.) How many of you weren't born yet? :)

Larry

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Money hardly qualifies as a "great" song...

Well, it is a great song, but only this cover version has revealed its true potential (grin).

Seriously, I find Wish You Were Here the much greater album. Also The Wall beats DSOTM, imo.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
DSOTM was released 42 years ago!, Four years after man landed on the bright side of the moon (actually all sides of the moon get dark over a month.) How many of you weren't born yet? :)

Larry

I was 20 and working in the promotions/A&R dept at Polydor in Montreal, Quebec.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing