Apple iWatch Teardown Review!

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
Telling the time was secondary to me.

+1.

I haven't worn a watch in over ten years, my cellphone tells me the time.

I plan to use the iWatch with a Golf GPS app and answer a call or text if needed.

My iPhone can rest comfortably in my golf bag.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
+1.

I haven't worn a watch in over ten years, my cellphone tells me the time.

I plan to use the iWatch with a Golf GPS app and answer a call or text if needed.

My iPhone can rest comfortably in my golf bag.

The bottom line is most of you naysayers see this as but a watch and others see it as an adjunct to the iPhone but as Dan says telling time was never a consideration as to why I bought one

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I didn't buy the watch to tell time but rather to make full use of the health apps. I have a 6+ and I work out every day at my club. I have to place my iPhone inside the side of my workout shorts and it is awkward and a bit uncomfortable. Now I can place my phone in the cup of each machine and with my watch on can work out comfortably and get more accurate results. Telling the time was secondary to me.
What is it that you use it for there Steve? Heart rate monitoring? If so, I looked at a ton of health bands and watches and none seem to have accurate heart rate detection. The awkward chest strap seems to still be the gold standard. Does the iWatch solve this problem? Or do you use it to monitor something else?

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
The best part of this thread is Steve's link to the Montblanc smart wristband :D

I find that of more interest than the iWatch.

My Citizen watch keeps better time than my automatic Tag Heuer Link , but I love the look and feel of my Tag. Irrational I know but as some have mentioned, the closest I will ever get to with expensive name jewelry. :cool:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
What is it that you use it for there Steve? Heart rate monitoring? If so, I looked at a ton of health bands and watches and none seem to have accurate heart rate detection. The awkward chest strap seems to still be the gold standard. Does the iWatch solve this problem? Or do you use it to monitor something else?

wrong app

one app will monitor daily steps, flights of stairs climbed and distance walked/run/biked. Amir you're preaching to the choir here when you talk to me about efficacy of health apps.I have a daily goal that I like to meet. I go to my gym every day and keep an accurate logs to what I do and where I do it and this does it all for me. Look you guys use your watches to tell time but I bought this watch for a very definite purpose and I have said this many times. There are also sleep apps which will monitor one's REM sleep as well as sleep patterns. You look at the glass as half empty whereas I look at the glass as half full ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing