Austin Record Show May 22-24

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I've planned to go to this show for the past 3 years, and each time, something came up which forced me to cancel my flights, lodging, etc. (The shows have recently been in October, when we are usually in NY). This year, the show is May 22-24; it is supposed to be the largest record show in the States. (Given that it is Texas, I'm not surprised). Looking forward to going, and hope to see a few familiar faces there.
Here's a link to the show website: http://www.austinrecords.com/
The guy who runs it has some good stories about Doug Sahm, who is a local legend (and the subject of a new documentary film).

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
I've been to it a few times. Lots and lots of records, mostly used, but plenty of new records, as well. There are plenty of inexpensive used records to sort through, as well as some very pricey rarities. I recall one record with a $3K price tag from last year's event! Personally, I have more fun buying records at RMAF, though I did get my picture taken with one of the original "Crickets", of Buddy Holly and The Crickets at the event a couple of years ago. Also, note that Austin has many record stores, in case your record buying isn't sated at the event.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I've been once a few years ago. Walked and walked about gave up then found some really cool things...I'll try and go this year

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
I went once, big show for sure. I'll probably go to check it out, maybe even buy an LP for my SACD player....

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing