MIT Articulation Consoles

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
No...more clear and transparent. Bass isn't quite as extended as MIT. Mid - treble sounds better with Odin in my room/system. I hear Odin 2 is soon to debut. I'm done with cable blood letting.

Hi rockitman,

Please tell us more about the coming Odin 2?
When will it be available?

The original Odin has been launch so many yrs ago.

Many thanks!

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Hi rockitman,

Many thanks!

I don't know much. Heard from a friend who has Odin and his dealer mentioned it to him....I will continue to slum it with Odin 1...;)

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Hi rockitman,

Many thanks!

Late summer

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

jfkbike

Jan 13, 2011
Florida
I'm an idiot, I let my dealer send me a pair of these MIT monsters to try in my system. Cables should not make that kind of difference... More space between the instruments, better quality and more bass, crisp, taught, great undertones, etc..., just a lot more natural top to bottom. Not sure it is worth the $$$ for the improvement just yet though. :confused:

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I'm an idiot, I let my dealer send me a pair of these MIT monsters to try in my system. Cables should not make that kind of difference... More space between the instruments, better quality and more bass, crisp, taught, great undertones, etc..., just a lot more natural top to bottom. Not sure it is worth the $$$ for the improvement just yet though. :confused:

Which MIT did you try?

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Are you setting down, you may want to. The retail price for a nonbiwired 8ft pair is $79,995 and $84,995 for biwired. I will be getting a pair in about two weeks :D

80K for a pair of speaker wires is just plain stupid. I will wait for the next generation and trickle down technology. After all, why pay 80K now when you can have the same thing for 50K in two more years! (HA!) Damn Brisson, he doesn't miss a trick, does he?

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
At least you get to dial in the color of your sound. . . . .

Like tone controls. . . .

I can't help but think if you need these boxes in line with your cables, there has to be something wrong upstream, closer to the source that these boxes try to fix.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
My post will no doubt have the same impact as farting in the midst of a hurricane but nevertheless...I own a pr of diminutive Cu ribbon biwires designed and built by a gentleman named Paul Garner...who has fallen off the audio map...and they have been A/B'd against two $6k cables and won noticeably...my opinion and that of two much younger A'philes. I bought these guys 7 yrs ago and have no plans of parting with them. No tone controls for moi..

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Are you setting down, you may want to. The retail price for a nonbiwired 8ft pair is $79,995 and $84,995 for biwired. I will be getting a pair in about two weeks :D

Of course you should be sitting down. Its very hard to crap in your pants standing up. (My 2 y/o granddaughter can do it though.)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Marty, no matter how good the cables, the s'stage will fall apart standing up. And then you'll wonder what all the fuss is about and why you've, ahem, had a little "accident" :eek::(

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing