MIT Articulation Consoles

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

I briefly heard this cable recently, and I have to admit that unlike the MA-X SHD - which I've always considered a Frankencable - this "version" caught my attention, to say the least. It probably costs a kidney per channel, but it was hard to ignore timbre of that caliber (obviously the rest of the system was up to par)... more details to come.

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010

I briefly heard this cable recently, and I have to admit that unlike the MA-X SHD - which I've always considered a Frankencable - this "version" caught my attention, to say the least. It probably costs a kidney per channel, but it was hard to ignore timbre of that caliber (obviously the rest of the system was up to par)... more details to come.

Hey Ack,
can you clarify "Frankencable"? I don't know the price of kidney but rumour has it the MIT are 80K

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
Are you setting down, you may want to. The retail price for a nonbiwired 8ft pair is $79,995 and $84,995 for biwired. I will be getting a pair in about two weeks :D

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Are you setting down, you may want to. The retail price for a nonbiwired 8ft pair is $79,995 and $84,995 for biwired. I will be getting a pair in about two weeks :D

..decisions, decisions....a pr of these black boxes or that fully loaded M4? Decisions, decisions....what to do? :eek::eek:

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA

Very disappointed they are not breaking the six figure mark. How does high end audio ever want to be taken seriously if we just keep producing this cheap stuff? i guess we'll have to wait for Transparent to build the first $100K+ cable. Bad marketing move.

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
That's an easy one. I don't drive everyday and hate it when I do, but love to listen everyday. So the black boxes of course :p

..decisions, decisions....a pr of these black boxes or that fully loaded M4? Decisions, decisions....what to do? :eek::eek:

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
LOL, so true edorr ;)

Very disappointed they are not breaking the six figure mark. How does high end audio ever want to be taken seriously if we just keep producing this cheap stuff? i guess we'll have to wait for Transparent to build the first $100K+ cable. Bad marketing move.

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
I now have the MA-X SHD speaker cables, but have not seen or heard Frank. Maybe he comes while I am not listening :eek:

Then it is a good thing I have the MAX2 speaker cable. No Frank in sight there anywhere ;-) :-D

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
Hey Gavin. You get your VR9SE MKII's yet?

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
When Scott gets his Articulation Console I would invite him to tell us about the differences; I think they will be extremely evident, and then we can talk about the MA-X SHD again :D

BTW, I would get the M4 any day of the week, twice on Sunday

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Who looks better? Those who make poles or those who dance around them?

Those who make poles; the ones dancing around them are not articulate, they just look hot and act dumb - think Transparent :) oh wait, you had something else in mind

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I periodically switch between Nordost Odin...using currently and MIT MA-X SHD....it is clearly a tunable cable. I like the bass best with that cable...Odin for everything else...there is no perfect cable...only compromise.

Is Odin warmer, Christian?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing