Active Anti-vibration Platforms : Accurion i4 and Herzan TS150

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hi adyc,

Agree with you on that led screens are usually noisy.
At least the one on Herzan is a simple monotone one and can be switched off.

I notice a trend of more and more hifi gears having a colourful screen on them. Some of them are even touch screens!

Active platforms are new to HK audiophiles.
Do any audiophiles in N America or Europe have experience of placing them underneath loudspeakers?

I have seriously considered using active platforms under my speakers but in the end I have never dared to try this out. Putting loudspeakers of several hundreds of kilo's on suitable active platforms is no small task ....

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Spirit, I agree that if he was using the i4 then I was wrong to make that comment. my memory tells me I checked into whatever Accurion unit he was using and it had approximately a 30 pound limit. if somehow I got it wrong, or maybe it was 30 kgs instead of pounds. I tried to find the thread where he referred to his testing but so far I've not found it. please point me to it so I can see where I screwed up. I try to get my facts straight but maybe missed on that.

I think you mentioned it on this thread http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...lling-Diaphagm&p=303711&viewfull=1#post303711

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Gentleman if you check the Accurion specs, it can support loads up to 105/120/150kg, depending on size/spec chosen. So there was no shortfall in performance due to overloading wrt the Spiers air shelf.

Last edited:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Gentleman if you check the Accurion specs, it can support loads up to 105/120/150kg, depending on size/spec chosen. So there was no shortfall in performance due to overloading wrt the Spiers air shelf.

Hi Spirit,

I think you have good intention.

I guess the Spiers tables may be good.

Why don't you open a new thread on Spiers in the forum?

You may then put all the info, photos & measurement there instead of lingering on here and keep on saying how better the Spiers are.

Many thanks.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Willdo CK. Sorry to crash your party. But I'd appreciate not being misinterpreted in saying the Spiers is better. Never said that. Just that Purite has measured both active Accurion and air Spiers in his room, and the Spiers was not outperformed, in terms of measurements or sq. I do feel that those on these forums ought to be aware of such info. I'll go and linger somewhere else now :cool:!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Willdo CK. Sorry to crash your party. But I'd appreciate not being misinterpreted in saying the Spiers is better. Never said that. Just that Purite has measured both active Accurion and air Spiers in his room, and the Spiers was not outperformed, in terms of measurements or sq. I do feel that those on these forums ought to be aware of such info. I'll go and linger somewhere else now :cool:!

Hi Spirit,

I think that you have good intention.

Please do open a new thread on Spiers in WBF and put all the info you have on it.

I surf Spiers website but info on their active air tables is scanty.
I want to know important data/measurement such as settling times, graphs of transmissibility & their effect on high freq.
I email Spriers via their website but receive no reply.

After you have got your Spier table for your LP system, please post the photos on that thread too.

Thanks!

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Sure CK, as and when I install it.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
I should have my Accurion sample in 5 weeks time. I will report back.

Sammy T

Aug 30, 2012
Have any of you guys thought about how much transmissible vibration is coming from all the cables coming and going to all your audio gear? You would need 2 or more isolation devices ... any wires not isolated ...

mtseymour

Dec 7, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Thanks CK for an informative post! I think experimentation is key because some components are surprisingly sensitive to vibration control. For example, I didn't expect some power conditioners (eg. PS Audio Premier, Nordost Thor) to sound so much better with footers (eg. Stillpoints Ultra SS and Symposium Rollerblocks).

Spirit: I look forward to your post on the Spiers platforms in another thread. It would be great if Spiers can comparable performance at a more affordable price. As for Purite, he should probably speak for himself.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Can you please tell me what the approximate price of the Accurion is? My understanding is that the Herzan is about 14K, correct?

I only got european pricelist.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
in the USA the list price of the Herzan TS-150 (under my pre and digital) is $10k, the TS-140 (under my tt) is $12k.

The net prices of Herzan in Hong Kong are higher! :(

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
to discuss power supply changes with Herzan here in the states; it is easily doable to switch the TS units from the switching power supply to a linear one; but it would involve an outboard module. Their techs could do it.
Mike

Hi Mike,

I asked the Herzan dealer in Hong Kong about the external psu option.
He said that it's available and the external psu costs USD800.
However, it's a switching psu. :(

Therefore, I asked him again : whether we could buy the Herzan TS150 ext psu version but WITHOUT the switching psu and at a lower price.
If yes, we can apply a linear external psu to it. ;)

Calle_jr

May 24, 2015
Sweden
www.euphonia-audioforum.se
Hi,
Would be interesting to test the Herzan TS-140 under a Kuzma Stabi Ref.
I have generally bad experience from non-coupled solutions, but this active gear is perhaps different.
Can I find a drawing/sketch of the mechanical parts somewhere?

//Carl

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Hi,
Would be interesting to test the Herzan TS-140 under a Kuzma Stabi Ref.
I have generally bad experience from non-coupled solutions, but this active gear is perhaps different.
Can I find a drawing/sketch of the mechanical parts somewhere?

//Carl

Internals view

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    701.5 KB · Views: 885

Calle_jr

May 24, 2015
Sweden
Another view...more assembled
Thanks rockitman, that was great!
Couplers look promising.
I think it makes a big difference what type of TT is used, because they are usually made to stay on a fix support. To add a spring-damping system is sensitive.
But who knows unless tested!

Ps. a friend of mine installed this type of active damping (cancelling signals) to a sports arena seating in Gothemburg Sweden.

Thanks again.

Calle_jr

May 24, 2015
Sweden
Why not put a Herzan below each of the two front legs of the rack?

rack.jpg

In this way one leg can be kept for mechanical grounding.
Of course there is a risk for transmission of vibration in that leg, but I see clear advantages to keep one grounding point.

Did anyone try the Herzan under speakers?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing