Dinner on the stove, good company, a few libations and a crappy kitchen radio/cdp.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
On a scale of 1 -100 the kitchen radio/CDP rates a 1, but it sounds like a 100! Right now I have no desire to listen to the main rig, because the conversation is good, the smell of a home-cooked meal is permeating throughout and we're groovin' to the music. I have no soundstage, no imaging, detail is severely masked, but I'm wearing a smile. I sometimes get more enjoyment out of these occasions than a dedicated listening session. I love it!:D

I must be nuts.

Fred

May 31, 2010
Covington, LA
On a scale of 1 -100 the kitchen radio/CDP rates a 1, but it sounds like a 100! Right now I have no desire to listen to the main rig, because the conversation is good, the smell of a home-cooked meal is permeating throughout and we're groovin' to the music. I have no soundstage, no imaging, detail is severely masked, but I'm wearing a smile. I sometimes get more enjoyment out of these occasions than a dedicated listening session. I love it!:D

I must be nuts.

You said it Buddy! :p

Next thing, you'll tell us it's a Bose Wave Radio! :eek:

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
You said it Buddy! :p

Next thing, you'll tell us it's a Bose Wave Radio! :eek:

I'm glad to have this affliction and no...it's not a Bose. It's some sort of JVC thingie....LOL! We're having a blast! :D

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I would pay more than a $1000.00 to get a Great sounding & simple FM kitchen radio.
zz.

At $1,000 I wouldn't call that simple. But go ahead...knock yourself out.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
In a similar vein I have no problem at all getting into my music when driving either of my cars. Both have upgraded sound packages. The days of retrofitting car stereos are over IMHO..

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Not sure if they are readily available in the States but Ruark and Vita audio make some good ones that should meet your needs

Vita and Ruark are the same - Vita changed name to Ruark which is long established UK outfit. Do not appear to have a US distributor but well worth exploring.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK

You are most welcome.
The frustration was so evident in your earlier post that I felt obliged to respond.
I have had a stereo FM/DAB one for some years now and have been very pleased with it.
I am not aware of any similar product and they are so useful for the kitchen/bedroom.
Let me know if you need any further info or help.

jeromelang

Dec 26, 2011
Single-driver per channel systems tend to sound very enjoyable....

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Johnny, you make a very valid point. Some of my most enjoyable listening is in my plumber best friend's van, listening to mp3 Elvis live, Johnny Cash and various rap that he can't exactly play w/the wife and kids!!!
Seriously, I get a Hell of a lot of joy listening to music w/him this way.

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010

Quintessential sentiment :cool:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing