Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dark Field SS vs Dark Field DFE v2

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! Sunnyboy1956's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhiner View Post
    To be honest, when I installed my DF elevators several years ago, the result was pretty much on par with most tweaks: not bad, but I'd probably not be too disturbed if they were removed in the middle of the night. ;-) The DF-SS v2 was another matter. My healthy skepticism was in full force when I installed by first set on speaker cables alone, so the resulting improvement in detail, blacker background and more natural transients were stunning. As I added the DF-SS v2s to my power cords and then a few more to the speaker cables, I got the proverbial "what'd you do" from my music-loving wife. I was a skeptic on this aspect of vibration control, but the DF-SS v2 is the real deal and now you'd have to pry them from my cold hard-wood floors. Best tweak in years.
    Completely agree. I have had the 1st gen Shunyata DFS for over 6 years primarily for the speaker cables. Earlier today I inserted the new DFS on the right channel speaker cable doing a A/B comparison between the L/R channels using the balance feature on the remote of the CJ GAT. The difference is not subtle it's pretty dramatic. Higher gain, clarity and definition. This is a no brainer. Next stop a few DFSS v2s under the power cables. Highly recommended
    Amps: Wavac HE833V2 on Sistrum 101 stands
    Preamp :CJ GATS2
    Speakers: Rockport Aviors + REL G1x2
    Phonostage :Nagra VPS+VFS+MPS,SUTs Lyra Erodion, Airtight ATH2
    Turntable :TW AC with BN mods, Garrard 401
    TonearmsDurand Talea2, Kairos , Ortofon 309D
    Cartridges:MC Anna,Etna SL, Miyajima Madake
    Digital :Musical Fidelity KW 25dac+Transport
    Cables :Cables Audiomica,Poland, Lyra Phonopipe
    Power :Triton V2+ Typhon, all PCs Shunyata Sigma HC etc
    RCM : KLaudio
    Rack :Cohernz Audio, Singapore

Are there any other users? More comments?
    Triangle Magellan Cello II < AudioQuest Everest DBS 72V < BAT VK-600SE < AudioQuest NRG WEL DBS 72V < AudioQuest WBY XLR DBS 72V < exaSound e22 DAC w Paul Hynes SR3-12 Power Supply < Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server < UpTone ISORegen < AudioQuest Diamond USB DBS 216V < MacBook Pro i5 13' w Samsung 850EVO 512GB SSD < Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer & Gold SE/Classic < IsoTek Sigmas GII w IsoTek Optimum EVO3 < Furutech FT-SWS < HiFi Tuning Supreme 3 < Solid Tech Hybrid

Wondering if putting rubber bands across the gap of the DFS would do anything like the band on the new models?

dCS Vivaldi 2 DAC and Upsampler, Puccini uclock, MIT Oracle MA-X SHD interconnects and speaker cables, Soulution 711, Magico M3's w/Mpods, Shunyata and Synergistic Research Power, FEQ, Tranquility bases

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12