Woman In Gold

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
We just returned from seeing the new Helen Mirren and Ryan Reynolds movie "Woman In Gold". As expected Mirren pulls off another wonderful performance while Reynolds is just okay. Although the dialogue at times is bit trite the movie has a bit of everything, humor, poignancy, and tension. Surely two thumbs up from both of us.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
We saw the movie as well today and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Agree about Ryan Reynolds but IMO Mirren is a chameleon and didn't act the part. She became the part. I thought the story was beautifully told and the editing from present to past tense was seamless and told the story perfectly

IMO this was the first decent film of 2015 that we have seen and although the season is early I see Mirren getting a nomination for Best Actress

I also thought that Katie Holmes in her minor role was looking a bit frumpy

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
We saw the movie as well today and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Agree about Ryan Reynolds but IMO Mirren is a chameleon and didn't act the part. She became the part. I thought the story was beautifully told and the editing from present to past tense was seamless and told the story perfectly

IMO this was the first decent film of 2015 that we have seen and although the season is early I see Mirren getting a nomination for Best Actress

I also thought that Katie Holmes in her minor role was looking a bit frumpy

I agree that this is the first decent film of 2015. My wife even mentioned that Holmes wasn't looking to cute in this one.

Sitting in the theater today confirmed why we prefer to go to the movies rather than watching them at home. I find it much more enjoyable when a couple of hundred other people are simultaneously responding to events on screen. The laughter at the "kangaroo" line, the little murmur from the audience when the saw who played the part of the female judge, the quiet sniffles towards the end as Maria walked through her family home envisioning the day she had to leave her parents.

Now looking forward the "Far From The Maddening Crowd" and "The Water Deviner"

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing