FS: Dynavector DRT XV-1t

miniguy

Dec 18, 2013
San Diego area
Here is a XV-1t in perfect condition, scrupulously maintained. It has about 350 hours on it. These carts will easily give more than 2500 hours if reasonably maintained. Many users have achieved well in excess of 3000 hours. I have a couple of new carts incoming and cannot afford to keep it at this point. So it's time for someone else to enjoy its superb sound. All the accessories are unused. $4450 incl. shipping in CONUS.
View attachment 19653 IMG_0972.JPG IMG_0976.JPG IMG_0980.JPG View attachment 19656

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Any pics of the cartridge from behind so you can verify the cantilever is straight?

cheers

miniguy

Dec 18, 2013
San Diego area
I can post more cantilever pics but I ran out of allotted space - 976 KB. Can someone tell me how to delete some of my images?.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass

miniguy

Dec 18, 2013
San Diego area
would this work on a 10inch VPI 3D, or is it too lightweight.

I have used the cart exclusively on my TW-Acustic Raven 10.5 arm which has an effective mass of about 14 g, where it has performed superbly and resonated on the Hi-Fi News Test record between 11 Hz and 13 Hz. According to VPI, the 3D arm on the Prime has an effective mass of about 11 g so I would think the cart would be just fine there since the resonant freq shouldn't change enough to worry about with just a 3 g difference in effective mass.

miniguy

Dec 18, 2013
San Diego area
I'm sorry, but I stated some incorrect information about the resonant freq of the cart on my Raven 10.5. I was relying on memory which, in my old age, is apparently not what it used to be. I may have been thinking with respect to my other arm. Anyway, so I re-mounted it on the Raven and the resonant peak turns out to be at 9 Hz lateral, while vertical freq is hard to detect, being exceedingly well damped. So the cart should be just perfect on the VPI 3D arm. I assume then it would resonate at around 10 Hz.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
thanks, cart looks in perfect condition. must be some ripper carts incoming ;)

Pity the AU$ has dropped 25% in the last 6 months vs the US$

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing