TRITON v2 CGS - Chassis Ground System

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Steve, that is good information. I think my incoming power is already pretty clean, and I won't be surprised if only a minimal improvement is possible. I know the Typhon didn't make much difference on my source gear.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Steve, that is good information. I think my incoming power is already pretty clean, and I won't be surprised if only a minimal improvement is possible. I know the Typhon didn't make much difference on my source gear.

TBH I didn't buy the Triton V2 for the CGS but rather based on some of Caelin's comments about what it does sonically.

Bud the V2 will have you shaking your head asking how could something so perfect (theV1) be made better. Your soundstage will be so locked in and you will have the best seats in the house. Have fun.

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
I found little benefit signal grounding my amps with Entreq. I did however experience significant gains in fidelity signal grounding my preamps.

Did you try grounding the AF1? I assume it has the grounding post like the AF2 has?

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Did you try grounding the AF1? I assume it has the grounding post like the AF2 has?

I did via the Tone arm cable ground connected to the phono pre and the phono pre has an Entreq connection. My turntable ground is not used....since it is a chassis ground anyway, the Entreq would not apply.

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Don't know if anyone has a Triton and Typhon sitting side by side on a rack but the V2 has different feet making it a bit taller than the V1 and Typhon. Not a big problem unless you have a double wide HRS rack and you left the shelf above the Triton with zero gap. Only problem with the HRS is adjusting shelf height, not a fast job. Plus, now with my OCD, the Typhon and Triton aren't perfectly level as I sit in my listening seat and stare at them :(

Most probably use the Shunyata steel feet or maybe even Stillpoints like I use on my other 2 Typhons so you won't notice but not on the HRS, can't spare the space.

jax4736

Jan 27, 2014
I use the Shunyata SSF under my Triton and all 3 Typhons and yes they are different feet

Same here. I noticed the different feet - they have ribbed edges - and I removed them to install the Stainless Steel feet. My Typhon also has the Stainless Steel feet.

Only the night with my Triton v2, and I'm shocked at details jumping out at me in my reference recordings - recordings I use to evaluate gear. Bravo again, Shunyata!

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Same here. I noticed the different feet - they have ribbed edges - and I removed them to install the Stainless Steel feet. My Typhon also has the Stainless Steel feet.

Only the night with my Triton v2, and I'm shocked at details jumping out at me in my reference recordings - recordings I use to evaluate gear. Bravo again, Shunyata!

I switched out my V1 for the V2 yesterday around noon. Sounded pretty good initially but within an hour started going downhill. It wasn't sounding any better by 11:00pm when I shut the system off.

Concerning because the 4 or 5 people who have commented all say they hear immediate improvement over the V1. The manual does say it takes up to 200 hours to sound it's best. I only have a a preamp, phono pre and CD player plugged into it, don't know if that matters.

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
I switched out my V1 for the V2 yesterday around noon. Sounded pretty good initially but within an hour started going downhill. It wasn't sounding any better by 11:00pm when I shut the system off.

Concerning because the 4 or 5 people who have commented all say they hear immediate improvement over the V1. The manual does say it takes up to 200 hours to sound it's best. I only have a a preamp, phono pre and CD player plugged into it, don't know if that matters.

Not perfect but much better this morning.

DEV

Oct 19, 2011
I'm very interested in this product and what it brings to the table - have been holding off but looking to be my next purchase.

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
Not perfect but much better this morning.

I also replaced V1 by V2. V2 is certainly more musical than V1 but at the same time, the sound is bit edgy. I think it is part of famous (or infamous) Shunyata break in process. I am sure it will come out top like all my Shunyaya power cables. However, I'm not too thrill to go through long break in process. That's why I am holding off replacing Alpha digital with Sigma digital.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I'm very interested in this product and what it brings to the table - have been holding off but looking to be my next purchase.

David

I have a V1 for sale that is flawless and perfect in every way. The cost of the upgrade plus what I am selling the V1 for equals the cost of new V1. IOW you save $2K (the upgrade does not include the 4 extra grounding posts on the back (but this was not why I upgraded to the V2)..........prior to the release of the V2 when questioned as to what it brings to the table Caelin suggested that it is the equivalent of a V1 plus a Typhon. Having had the V2 in my system now I can tell you that such is indeed the case. I have made comments before here a few days ago about the V2 about how exceptional it is and how I could not believe how IMO an already perfect pice of equipment could actually be made better. Then when you start adding Sigma PC's to the system you will begin to experience the magic of a Shunyata Hydra. Having toured Shunyata last week and watching these get built begins to offer some understanding as to how special they are.

The best way to get a jaw dropping experience is to use the Triton with a Sigma HC power cord to the wall and then plug in all of your front end gear to the Triton. Then sit back and play the first song of many (as you begin to wonder WTF did you just hear)

I warn you however David that once you start on the Shunyata path there is no turning back as each Hydra (I have 4) and each power cord adds such detail to the music

DEV

Oct 19, 2011
David

I have a V1 for sale that is flawless and perfect in every way. The cost of the upgrade plus what I am selling the V1 for equals the cost of new V1. IOW you save $2K (the upgrade does not include the 4 extra grounding posts on the back (but this was not why I upgraded to the V2)..........prior to the release of the V2 when questioned as to what it brings to the table Caelin suggested that it is the equivalent of a V1 plus a Typhon. Having had the V2 in my system now I can tell you that such is indeed the case. I have made comments before here a few days ago about the V2 about how exceptional it is and how I could not believe how IMO an already perfect pice of equipment could actually be made better. Then when you start adding Sigma PC's to the system you will begin to experience the magic of a Shunyata Hydra. Having toured Shunyata last week and watching these get built begins to offer some understanding as to how special they are.

The best way to get a jaw dropping experience is to use the Triton with a Sigma HC power cord to the wall and then plug in all of your front end gear to the Triton. Then sit back and play the first song of many (as you begin to wonder WTF did you just hear)

I warn you however David that once you start on the Shunyata path there is no turning back as each Hydra (I have 4) and each power cord adds such detail to the music

Thx for the offer but I would be looking at the V2

Thanks for sharing the other info and warning too! :)

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Am I the only being made to wait for this thing to start performing?

With the exception of one or two people who have found minor delays in reaping the full benefits of the V2, everyone seems quite content with their upgrade. It has been 60 hours since I fired it up. Gone are the deep, well defined bass, crisp crystal clear highs, life like voices, layered, deep, wide soundstage. The players are now a jumbled mess instead of occupying their own clearly defined space. I'm not finding any of the positives others are talking about. Only change was unplugging the V1 and inserting the V2.

I'm not giving up but I am getting concerned enough not to ship the V1 back to The Cable Company just yet. Could it be I'm not seeing immediate benefits because I have the big Torus panel with the isolation transformer feeding the room? I don't know but right now I'm thinking maybe I should have left well enough alone.

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
My V2 improves a lot. Edgy sound has refused but not completely gone. Soundstage and imaging are excellent compared to V1. I have Equitech 10kVA isolation transformer before Triton. Give it a little bit more time.

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Frank

you don't need to run a signal but rather just have all components on that are plugged into the Triton

Might be one of the problems slowing me down. There's not much of a load on the thing. I only have a tube preamp and phono pre, which I'm not going to leave on all the time and my Playback Designs CD player. I did plug another solid state preamp in for a time but that's not much either. Guess I'm just gonna have to wait it out.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I am really curious how the V2 will work in my system. I am down to two components plugged into the V1; the Pass XP-20 pre, and Lumin S1 file player/DAC combo. I hope it arrives this week.

wstam

Feb 17, 2013
Might be one of the problems slowing me down. There's not much of a load on the thing. I only have a tube preamp and phono pre, which I'm not going to leave on all the time and my Playback Designs CD player. I did plug another solid state preamp in for a time but that's not much either. Guess I'm just gonna have to wait it out.

Last year when I bought my Triton, and subsequently the Typhon, I did what Caelin suggested for running into the PCs: plugged in a fan and run it for 1 full week, 24 hours a day. I did stop the fan when I sit down to listen to the music. I felt that it did speed up the process. May be this will help.

Eager to know your end results. Thanks for sharing.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing