Announcing: Alma Music and Audio in Southern California!

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Announcing Alma Music and Audio, San Diego’s latest audio emporium!

Alma Music and Audio is opening for business today, with the goal of offering quality audio products and services, as well as a highly curated selection of vinyl records.

The store is located in La Jolla, a beachside area of San Diego, in a 2200 square foot house. With 6 individual listening environments, the idea is to offer an enjoyable music experience to audiophiles and newcomers alike.

Some of the lines/products we carry include: YG Acoustics, Avantgarde Acoustics, MSB Technologies, Kubala-Sosna, darTZeel, Evolution Acoustics, Kronos, Ortofon, Auralic, Hegel, Audionet, Solid Steel, iFi, Music Hall, among others. Other lines will be added in the following months.

An integral part of the store, the vinyl records section will have, on average, 2000 records, covering a variety of styles and genres, both old and new.

Alma will also distribute Audiopax in the US. The brazilian brand has gained quite a following years ago, and now it’s back with new and exciting products, and with US presence to boot.

Everybody’s welcome to stop by!

Our information:

Alma Music and Audio
5759 La Jolla Blvd.
La Jolla, CA 92037
T: (858) 412-5530
contact@almaaudio.com
http://facebook.com/AlmaMusicAudio

Hours: 11am-20pm daily

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I have been watching the sign outside the store and waiting for the opening with great interest. I will be sure to stop by. WELCOME to LA JOLLA!!

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Announcing Alma Music and Audio, San Diego’s latest audio emporium!

Alma Music and Audio is opening for business today, with the goal of offering quality audio products and services, as well as a highly curated selection of vinyl records.

The store is located in La Jolla, a beachside area of San Diego, in a 2200 square foot house. With 6 individual listening environments, the idea is to offer an enjoyable music experience to audiophiles and newcomers alike.

Some of the lines/products we carry include: YG Acoustics, Avantgarde Acoustics, MSB Technologies, Kubala-Sosna, darTZeel, Evolution Acoustics, Kronos, Ortofon, Auralic, Hegel, Audionet, Solid Steel, iFi, Music Hall, among others. Other lines will be added in the following months.

An integral part of the store, the vinyl records section will have, on average, 2000 records, covering a variety of styles and genres, both old and new.

Alma will also distribute Audiopax in the US. The brazilian brand has gained quite a following years ago, and now it’s back with new and exciting products, and with US presence to boot.

Everybody’s welcome to stop by!

Our information:

Alma Music and Audio
5759 La Jolla Blvd.
La Jolla, CA 92037
T: (858) 412-5530
contact@almaaudio.com
http://facebook.com/AlmaMusicAudio

Hours: 11am-20pm daily

Welcome...and very best of luck!

I will definitely stop by. You are representing some excellent lines!

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Thanks, guys!

As DaveyF has probably noticed, it's been a long gestation, and we're not 100% done yet, but we couldn't hold it further!

Thanks, we appreciate the (local) support!

alexandre

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Congratulations and best of luck on your new endeavor Alexandre. May you enjoy many, many years of prosperity and growth!

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Some excellent brands there, Alex.

Make sure you get in on the first production run of the LHC-208! It will sell like hot cakes...

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Thanks again, guys...

Yes, I have high hopes for the LHC-208! I've seen it from the start, and was always amazed by Hervé's ideas, and ofcourse, execution!

It already has a spot on the window display :)

alexandre

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Alex, I heard it and its wont disappoint…. believe me.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Today, the good folks at Alma Audio hosted the SDMAG group at an informal get together. The systems were all set up and playing beautiful music. We were treated to a listen on their large YG's matched with a wonderful Kronos TT, an Ortofon A95 cartridge running into a D'Agostino integrated and cobbled together with Kubala Sosna. An excellent sounding system that portrayed the old war horse- Pink Floyd DSOTM with aplomb,and the wonderful equally old war horse...Dave Brubeck Time Out ( an original six-eye mono) with superior resolution.

Anyone visiting San Diego, now has good reason to stop off in La Jolla and savor some of the great sounds at Alma Audio...

Congrats and well done Fabio....:cool:

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Thanks, Davey!

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

It seems that everything went down smoothly, and everybody had a good time, including the staff :)

alexandre

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I plan to finally get down there this week

Are you in town Alexandre or are you back in Brazil.

Steve,

I'm back in Brazil. I'll arrive on the 19th (of May), and then on to Newport!
But Fabio is in the store full time, so you're all more than welcome to stop by! The store # is (858) 412-5530, so if you want, call ahead and let him know you're coming!

Andre,

Did you stop by yesterday?

thanks,
alexandre

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Cool pic, thanks :D We're gathering the pics from a couple of sources, I'll post some later (and on the FB page too).

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Steve,

I'm back in Brazil. I'll arrive on the 19th (of May), and then on to Newport!
But Fabio is in the store full time, so you're all more than welcome to stop by! The store # is (858) 412-5530, so if you want, call ahead and let him know you're coming!

Andre,

Did you stop by yesterday?

thanks,
alexandre

Hi Alexandre. I would have loved to...but we just sold our house and have 60 days to find a new one..non stop viewings!

I hope to get their soon, maybe even this week. Then I am off to Tokyo in 2 weeks!

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Ouch, 60 days... Well, hopefully you'll find another great place! San Diego is just beautiful, full of great neighbourhoods... You're staying in the SD area, right?

Here are some pics of the event. With the flood of people in, we actually neglected to take more pictures!

IMG_2029.JPG IMG_7259.jpg IMG_7258.jpg

That's Kevin Malmgren, of Evolution Acoustics, explaining the characteristics of the MMThree speaker.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing