Announcing: Alma Music and Audio in Southern California!

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Ouch, 60 days... Well, hopefully you'll find another great place! San Diego is just beautiful, full of great neighbourhoods... You're staying in the SD area, right?

Here are some pics of the event. With the flood of people in, we actually neglected to take more pictures!

View attachment 20086 View attachment 20087 View attachment 20088

That's Kevin Malmgren, of Evolution Acoustics, explaining the characteristics of the MMThree speaker.

Yes! We got an offer we could turn down. Staying in San Diego..you would have to pay me a king's ransom to get me to leave..and then some...lol..

I do my tennis training in La Jolla 3x a week, so I will get to the shop without a doubt!

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Congrats on the store! I hope to get down there one day!

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Thanks, Ian!

I know just the perfect opportunity for you to come visit :)

THE Show Newport Beach is coming up, in May, 29-31. You could come down, see the store, and maybe even visit some other SoCal folks here from the forum! I know our host Steve has a killer system, that you shouldn't miss!

This is actually an invitation for anybody else thinking about attending THE Show! Our store is located about 1.5h from the Irvine Hotel, so it's an easy day trip.

alexandre

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Thanks, Ian!

I know just the perfect opportunity for you to come visit :)

THE Show Newport Beach is coming up, in May, 29-31. You could come down, see the store, and maybe even visit some other SoCal folks here from the forum! I know our host Steve has a killer system, that you shouldn't miss!

This is actually an invitation for anybody else thinking about attending THE Show! Our store is located about 1.5h from the Irvine Hotel, so it's an easy day trip.

alexandre

Speaking of which I normally host a get together at my house on either Friday or Saturday but I will be out of town returning Saturday May 30 so I would be prepared to do one on Sunday afternoon and/or evening if there is interest to do such

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
A Visit From WBF Members From Down Under

To Alexandre and Fabio at Alma Music and WBF members in the vicinity........

Nevillekapadia and a friend of his (both from Australia) are embarking on an around the world audio tour next week when they arrive in Los Angeles on Tuesday. They were to visit Philip O'Hanlon on Wed and me on Thursday before they leave for Seattle to hear Bruce Brown's and Mike Lavigne's systems. They then head to Munich for the show and then on to Japan before heading home.

Unfortunately Philip needs to see a client on the East Coast before heading onto Munich and as a result cannot meet with Neville and his friend. I suggested that they come to my house on Wednesday listen to music and then Thursday we could head down to Alma Music in La Jolla. Hopefully we can meet up with some WBF members there such as Andre Marc and Davey and whoever might find time to meet us at the store. Please let me know if around noon to 1:00 might work for everyone

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com

Nevillekapadia and a friend of his (both from Australia) are embarking on an around the world audio tour next week when they arrive in Los Angeles on Tuesday. They were to visit Philip O'Hanlon on Wed and me on Thursday before they leave for Seattle to hear Bruce Brown's and Mike Lavigne's systems. They then head to Munich for the show and then on to Japan before heading home.

Unfortunately Philip needs to see a client on the East Coast before heading onto Munich and as a result cannot meet with Neville and his friend. I suggested that they come to my house on Wednesday listen to music and then Thursday we could head down to Alma Music in La Jolla. Hopefully we can meet up with some WBF members there such as Andre Marc and Davey and whoever might find time to meet us at the store. Please let me know if around noon to 1:00 might work for everyone

Hey Steve:

Darn, that is a bummer..we head to Tokyo next Tues! Getting to the shop will definitely be a priority when I return..Davey was at the store last weekend for a local SD Audiophile gathering
and said the store is lovely and the systems are sounding very good indeed..

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com

Steve,

That's perfect! We normally open at 11:00 but if anybody needs to get there earlier, just let me know and we'll be there!
Otherwise, it sounds like a good plan!

Thanks, Steve.

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Guys,

We're having a grand opening this Saturday!
It's not really an audiophile bash, so it's geared towards the "music" side of things :) We'll have a band and different DJ sets through the day. Oh, and free beer :)

Of course, the audiophile stuff is still going to be there to audition!

Alma_flyer_w_braza_final.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing