Tripoint Orion & Spartan

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
Is anybody here using Tripoint Orion or Spartan A/C conditioner? I'm impressed with the Troy Signature and I'm curious if these passive A/C cleaning devices work just as well and what exactly are the benefits.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Is anybody here using Tripoint Orion or Spartan A/C conditioner? I'm impressed with the Troy Signature and I'm curious if these passive A/C cleaning devices work just as well and what exactly are the benefits.

Hi Marcus,

I have heard the all Tripoint system a number of years ago at Audio Exotics. I recall at the time they said for the money, the regular Troy was better money spent than on the much bigger, more expensive power conditioner. Now that you have the Troy Signature...of course, now what? ;)

Speaking for myself, the only power conditioners i was considering were: Shunyata, Tripoint and Burmester. Not for any reason other than all the remarkably positive things about these. I went with Burmester because i was blessed to come across one second hand from a trusted source. So it cost me far less than a new Shunyata or Tripoint system...so that is me done. But i personally was very impressed by the sound AE got that day, and i know Tripoint was a big part of it...and that includes the gi-normous Tripoint Spartan Power Conditioner.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Buy JMf audio conditioner from France

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Marcus, I can't help w/any tech info or opinions, but a number of the Audio Exotics Asian uber fi crowd seem to be preferring the JMF as well as Pranawire Linebacker/XE over Spartan/Orion.

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
Yes I know, I have read the AE forum. But there is very little info for the Orion and Spartan in the first place. Some on the Audiogon and even less on AE. Nothing compared to the Troy SE threads all over...

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Marcus, there was some initial buzz on line that Orion and Spartan were unbeatable, but as with all things uber hi end, now there are "superior" devices. I think Troy is getting the lion's share of feedback.

Robert

Nov 10, 2010
I have my entire system plugged into the Spartan. Whereas the Troy categorically made everything sound better, the Spartan lets you hear your system and the recording. Recommended.

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
It makes Trinity amp sounded much better going thru JMF conditioner

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
I had the Lessloss Firewall first model with 8 outlets for a few years and sold it to a Swiss guy that had a Blue Circle Audio. He was so happpy because the Lessloss smoked his trusty BCA he sent me emails to tell me that after he installed it in his system. For my part I replaced the Lessloss by the Bybee Stealth for 2 years and then replaced it by the new Bybee Holographic (new technology).
I have to say these Bybees are the best conditionners I ever heard. Much much better than LessLoss ans I am surprised people don't speak more about them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing