M-Project

wgerman

Jul 4, 2012
Hmmm, I think we will be seeing a new Q5 at CES next year with a new tweeter and drivers.

jfkbike

Jan 13, 2011
Florida
Might be a new Q number as well from what I hear... I have a pair of the M-project. Gave up the M5's to go this route which, BTW I was totally happy with... They are no where near broken in or even in the right spot in my smallish room but damn they are easy to listen too. Still on wheels etc, maybe 80 hours on them (running while I sleep) maybe 6 hours listening to them. They play awesome at very low levels and do not sound loud at higher levels, low distortion is the key I think. Full Spectral / MIT system BTW. A lot of goosebumps and just utter relaxation have come my way since they have been in my room. Thanks for the link OP as there was a lot of info there I was not aware of.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Valin taking the Person jerk you off for months writing technique is a big turnoff not to mention he says the same over and over IMO.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I have to admit the guy knows how to write

Yes, he does. I don't know of anyone better at articulating himself when it comes to sound. I look forward to reading more of the blog.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Might be a new Q number as well from what I hear... I have a pair of the M-project. Gave up the M5's to go this route which, BTW I was totally happy with... They are no where near broken in or even in the right spot in my smallish room but damn they are easy to listen too. Still on wheels etc, maybe 80 hours on them (running while I sleep) maybe 6 hours listening to them. They play awesome at very low levels and do not sound loud at higher levels, low distortion is the key I think. Full Spectral / MIT system BTW. A lot of goosebumps and just utter relaxation have come my way since they have been in my room. Thanks for the link OP as there was a lot of info there I was not aware of.

Congrats on the M-Pros!

What Spectral amps do you have and what are the dimensions of your room?

jfkbike

Jan 13, 2011
Florida
I have the DMA-400's and the room is ~14' x 17' with 12' ceilings. Room has some unique features like built in record cubbies on one wall. various ASC treatments and quiet rock drywall. Not a SOTA room by any means but it works for me. Never planned on going this "high end" when I built it...

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I have the DMA-400's and the room is ~14' x 17' with 12' ceilings. Room has some unique features like built in record cubbies on one wall. various ASC treatments and quiet rock drywall. Not a SOTA room by any means but it works for me. Never planned on going this "high end" when I built it...

Awesome, sounds like the speaker will work great in there.

Audio Revelation

Apr 18, 2015
S. CA
As of 7/27/2015, we have one of the last pairs of brand new, unopened Magico M project speakers available for sale. As we are an authorized Magico dealer, they come with a full warranty. Please contact us directly if interested.
Thanks,
Jay
Audio Revelation
www.audiorevelation.com
jay@audiorevelation.com
760-434-2625

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Not only can I vouch for the speaker but I can vouch for Jay. Someone will be very lucky to have this pair!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Not only can I vouch for the speaker but I can vouch for Jay. Someone will be very lucky to have this pair!

I know Jay as well. He's a real mensch. They've never been opened

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Pity I'm in Australia

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
The full review of the M-Project in TAS 255 by JValin is now out. A very interesting and long review, his observations about other Magico speakers and other brands are really worth reading.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
The full review of the M-Project in TAS 255 by JValin is now out. A very interesting and long review, his observations about other Magico speakers and other brands are really worth reading.

You have this issue already and you're in Portugal? Impressive.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing