Broken Senn HD650

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I have a pair of Senn HD650 with a completely broken headband. Can they be fixed or am I SOL???

As a good Southern Boy, I should just put some duct tape on it and call it good!!

dalethorn

Headphone user
Dec 9, 2012
Cleveland TN.
dalethorn.com
I have a pair of Senn HD650 with a completely broken headband. Can they be fixed or am I SOL??? As a good Southern Boy, I should just put some duct tape on it and call it good!!

I taped up a Bose QC2, twice - once on each side, but the electronics failed after that so I gave up. But the Sennheiser isn't likely to break twice, so I'd tape it. It would be nice if you could add some structure, but that would have to be on top and not under the headband, for comfort reasons.

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
Epoxy a very thin Carbon Fiber strip to the top.
The thin Carbon Fiber should flex enough IF there is enough flat surface to bond to.
[this Carbon Fiber is totally stiff in the thick dimension, but flexes with the thin dimension]
I can try to do this for you once I find my Carbon Fiber during the extended unpacking process.
If the carbon fiber will not work a thin strip of proper wood should do trick.
zz.

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Thanks guys..... the carbon fiber tip sounds cool. I'm sure it would look much better than duct tape. I'll let you take a look at it zz...

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
Sennheiser sent me a new headband for one of my old pairs for not much $$$ (think was <$20, would have been the old 424's I think).

Carbon fiber or any flexible plastic should work. I used a piece cut from a frozen dinner package once, don't tell anybody... ;)

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
I have seen a lot of postings of this happening to HD600/650 models. Is it hard to replace the headband?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing