What's the Best CD Transport with Jadis i35 Integrated Amplifier & M2Tech DAC?

tjwm338

Mar 16, 2014
Hi all,

Am looking to get a CD Transport. It will be connected to a M2Tech Young DSD DAC and into a Jadis i35 Integrated Amplifier.

Any good transport that is out there?

Am looking for one that is detail, great soundstage, resolution, engaging, musical. I listen to a wide range of music from vocals, to jazz, classical and to rock.

Thank you!

TJ

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
What's your budget TJ?

tjwm338

Mar 16, 2014
Hi JackD201,

Budget is USD2500. Nothing more than that. I am also open to used transports if they are really good.

Thanks.

TJ

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi TJ

I would recommend you try the 47 Labs Shigaraki transport. It's a top loader with a puck and I bet would look as well as sound great with your Jadis. It comes in below the $2,500 limit. Nice bonus :)

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Hi JackD201,

Budget is USD2500. Nothing more than that. I am also open to used transports if they are really good.

Thanks.

TJ

Hi TJ, may I recommend the Simaudio Moon DT 260 transport that I have. Cost is $ 1800 in my silver finish or $ 2000 in black. It replaces my old, much more expensive, Wadia 8 transport and sounds identical on my DAC, with the same low-level spatial resolution. It uses the same technology as the transports in the much higher priced Simaudio CD players. I am very happy with it.

tjwm338

Mar 16, 2014
Thanks everyone for the quick replies.

Will certainly check the 47 labs and Simaudio out. Thanks Purite Audio for your input on how the Young DSD is so neutral.

Can I ask if anyone has any experience with dCS Verdi CD Transport, the CEC TL1X, the TEAC VRDS 25x and lastly, the China made Opera Consonance Droplet CDP-5.0?

How do they fare in your experiences?

Thanks!

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Thanks everyone for the quick replies.

Will certainly check the 47 labs and Simaudio out. Thanks Purite Audio for your input on how the Young DSD is so neutral.

Can I ask if anyone has any experience with dCS Verdi CD Transport, the CEC TL1X, the TEAC VRDS 25x and lastly, the China made Opera Consonance Droplet CDP-5.0?

How do they fare in your experiences?

Thanks!

I have used the dCS Verdi in combination with my Elgar Plus dac. The Verdi started having troubles reading cds. The worst thing was that dCS does not service it anymore (too old, not enough spare parts) so...my advice keep away from it. Bought a second hand Spectral 3000. Never been happier: killed the dCS in transparancy, rhythm etc. Amazing since you would think the dcs set would have an extra synergy (clocklink etc.)

tjwm338

Mar 16, 2014
Thanks nirodha for the heads up on the dCS Verdi transport. Looks like I will be staying clear of it. Thanks for the Spectral 3000 suggestion. Will check it out too.

tjwm338

Mar 16, 2014
Hi,
What do you guys think about the Jadis JD-3 Evolution Pro CD Transport?

Anyone has any experience with it? Thanks!

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Hi,
What do you guys think about the Jadis JD-3 Evolution Pro CD Transport?

Anyone has any experience with it? Thanks!

Yes I've owned the Jadis--excellent transport--rare to find on the S/H market but they do appear

The Pierre Lurne Mephisto is an excellent Drive --cheap on the used sites --a Sanyo laser I think so replaceable

Best Drive is the TLO CEC--they go for $4k US used but with it with provisio -- They don't like some CD-R's and couple of my storebought CD's were refused as well

I read it is corrected with the newer TLOX model

I'd forget the Droplet-ugh!

Good hunting

BruceD

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing