Action camera WIFI range test, SHOCKING results

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Pretty neat test. WOuld have been nice to see a WiFi analyzer graph on your tablet to see the signal strength. This is what I use: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en

You are benefitting from lack of interference from other Wifi signals.

Also, try to turn your tablet 90 degree and see if that makes it better or worse. The Wifi antenna is polarized which means it either works on horizontal or vertical plane. See this article I wrote: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?8408-Turn-Your-Head-Not-your-Tablet!-Wifi-Polarization

Metsaman

Mar 7, 2015
Finland
Thanks, I have Wifi analyzer My tablet but My mission in this time is show how video quality stays in live broadcasting. Interesting article You have, My tablet is Samsung tabpro 12.2 inch, I don't know what polarized it antenna have.
My second table is cheap "china tablet", I feel that Samsung is more sensitive receive WIFI transmission than that other,

I live in middle of country side of Finland and only other wifi signal here is My 3 g wireless modem signal.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing