125-130hz boost problem

Nyal Mellor

Industry Expert
Jul 14, 2010
SF Bay Area, CA, USA
Nyal,

THANK YOU...100% support John's updates. I had actually blown off the REW update notice putting it in the "I'll do that soon enough" category. I will now update right away.

Ironically, I just last week used the Group Delay to determine secondary space cause/effect of a gentleman's room: having data from each speaker individually and both, the Group Delay shows clearly these issues. The relationship of the Group Delay from V.4 had me thinking of how to properly apply EQ. John is a leader.

Very exciting.

Yes it is exciting. Giving the new algorithms a good work out is also still in my 'to do' as well Jeff! Anything to make setting EQ up (where it is required) a quicker and better process than the multifaceted process of manually looking at FR, time decay, adjust, look at FR, time decay, adjust....you know how it goes :)

Nyal Mellor

Industry Expert
Jul 14, 2010
SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Jeff Hedback

[Industry Expert]
Feb 9, 2011
Indpls, IN
www.HdAcoustics.net
Thanks Nyal for the link. Great lessons from the foundational "heavies".

While offering resources, Phillip Newell's Loudspeakers book covers all of this topic in incredible detail and forward thinking knowledge. He proposed a LF measuring technique similar to STI used in large room speech intell study where you are graphing the deviation of the response against the input (source signal). This, he counters, tells what the freq response doesn't...how the details and transients are being presented at the measuring position. It is a fantastic book for most anyone here at WBF.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing