boulder 1060 need a long time to warm up and sound good?

taoh2

Mar 13, 2015
if I leave the 1060 on all the time but play no music,
how long it take for it to warming up to sound best?

I only listen music 1 hour each day, it will be a deal breaker if it need 45 minutes to warming up.

also do you guy think the 1060 can sound as good as dartZeel 108B?

thanks

tao

Sencha

Nov 11, 2013
U.K.
Tao,

Don't know about the Boulder sound but I have a 108 and it is truly sweet. One of the things Herve Deletraz says in the 108 manual is that it is designed to deliver 95% of its sound from cold with the last 5% coming in around 15 minutes. Ok, so absolute best sound may take a little longer that 15 minutes to achieve but it's a very high achievement to reach that level of performance in such a small space of time.

Thetiminator

Apr 20, 2015
I have a 1060. It goes on at 7am and switched off into standby at midnight(ish). With this kind of use it gets into its swing around 4pm. If it was switched off at the mains or not used at all for a day or two it would need much longer than that...

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
i have a 2060 and, unlike any previous power amp i have owned, it sounds great from the off and within an hour or so reaches it's full potential

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing