Gryphon Audio - Audiophile Experiences

bejewe

Feb 5, 2017
Moscow, Russia.
We connected the system ten days ago! Buy from second-hand from Germany instead of Dynaudio Confidence 2. The age of the speaker system is 5 years. Since someone already had a similar problem, I think that this is a twitter feature.
But maybe the problem lies in my tube amplifier Audio Research Ref 75,LS17 XLR. Maybe a tubes! But nevertheless, the sound of Mojo is very precise, neutral and natural! Correct, tight bass.
Sir
We are aware of your case as the system have been checked at our distributors service department in June 2016. The test was not very conclusive as the symptom appeared to be weak and intermittent.
The speakers are not new and purchased second hand, something may have happened to them with the previous owner(s)
Please contact our distributor again if the problem persists.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Do/ or have done some freq response measurements on axis and off axis , if there are anomalies then you probably see it in the FR .
Maybe you can contact gryphon and desolder /dismount the tweeter and have it sent /checked at the gryphon factory
Greetings to all!
Who faced the similar?

I have never before deal with speakers on high-resolution ribbon tweeters (AMT).
I bought a Gryphon Mojo and after a while, I accidentally discovered that one of twitters sound a bit more airy than the other! It is airy and not louder!

The difference is quite small (a little bit), but at a short distance from the speakers (30-40 cm), I can hear the difference. From the listening position (2 meters), sound image fortunately uniform and harmonious! I changed places the speakers and try different musical material. But up close, there is a difference (quite a bit).
Especially it is noticeable on vocals and violin parts.
I still connect to my old sound system at the dome (silk) Twitter, the sound was the same! I do not hear the difference.

Is it a feature of AMT tweeters and they may be slightly different?

I will be happy for your answer!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing