Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: More mooks, awesome tweaks

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiocrack View Post
    It was not my intention at all to call you slow or something, Bill. Just wanted to add (once more) that placing SM feet on top of various audio components can be very effective indeed. That said, imo we should not look upon the SM devices as a 'panacee' for all possible audio issues. They are tweaks and as with all tweaks it is a matter of trial and error to find out whether they are effective or not in certain circumstances.
    Oh - no problem Rudolph. I was not the least perturbed by the comment - just glad that I finally realised that this method was useful and a new way of Mooking. I do agree with you point about Mooking not being a panacea for our audiophile woes. That said, I can't ever imagine owning a non-Mook'd system unless the synergistic research UEF stuff does similar tricks or better.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiophile Bill View Post
    Hi,

What I can say at this early juncture is that removing the 3 ultras from under the GG and placing 1 on each Krell monoblock and one on the GG along with the other Mooks (3 discs and tube resonators) brings a larger macro benefit than 3 under GG. The Krells get a real lift. I should probably try 3 resonators on top of the GG to see whether they are better that way up or normal. Mad stuff.
    And how does this occur , sympathetically drawing away vibrations ? Or some other more scientific explanation is abound ....
    "It is music coming from another world, it is coming from eternity." ... HVK

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    OMGosh, are we now talking about putting Diamond Resonators ON TP, as well as under gear?
    Isn't 1700-2300/component w.3 Ultra or Giants DRs underneath, sufficient expenditure LOL?
    Trans Fi Salvation tt & Terminator arm/Soundsmith Straingauge SG200 cart w.Red Wine batt psu/Eera Tentation cdp/Nat Audio Utopia line stage & SE2SE SET monos w.NOS '48 GE tubes/Zu Definitions 4 spkrs w.Duelund caps & Lundahl transformers/Symposium Isis & Rollerblocks isolation/Sablon Reservas ic's, sc's & pc's/Westwick 8kVA balanced pwr, Oyaides dedicated lines w.Furutech US sockets/Entreq Silver Tellus & Olympus Minimus ground boxes, Silver Cleanus passive filter, Apollo ground leads

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    I read thru this thread and I am intrigued by what I'm reading. I have the whole decoupling thing handled with Herzan and Wave Kinetics A10 U8's and 2NS's. I'm curious about gear resonance and acoustics tuning.

if one were to jump into the Shun Mook pool; what would be the proper degree of 'jumping' to discover whether they were effective?

3 sets of Mpingo Discs?

3 of the wood holders for the discs?

2 sets of 3 Ultra Diamond Resonators?

I'm thinking on top of my darTZeel 458 mono blocks. on top of my Entreq Poseidon and Silver Tellus. on top of my Golden Gate. on top of my (86" tall) speaker towers? possibly on my baseboard rounded soffit surface at the front of my room or on the windowsills?

maybe on the arm board of my tt. I already have a wonderful Durand tt weight that I love.

coach me up a bit. my system does seem to relate the smallest changes clearly.
    Last edited by Mike Lavigne; 01-10-2016 at 10:40 AM.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Hi Mike, the Mook designer lives on the West coast. Call him over with a van of his toys. There are many more in his kitty than what we use

Quote Originally Posted by spiritofmusic View Post
    OMGosh, are we now talking about putting Diamond Resonators ON TP, as well as under gear?
    Isn't 1700-2300/component w.3 Ultra or Giants DRs underneath, sufficient expenditure LOL?
    Yes, Yes, No

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    Hi Mike, the Mook designer lives on the West coast. Call him over with a van of his toys. There are many more in his kitty than what we use
    Now that would be Fun

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
    Now that would be Fun
    it appears he is in Oakland, 800 miles from me.

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhead View Post
    And how does this occur , sympathetically drawing away vibrations ? Or some other more scientific explanation is abound ....
    I really don't know Jazzhead - I can only report what I hear. Mad I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lavigne View Post
    it appears he is in Oakland, 800 miles from me.
    Well at least he got the continental land mass right, perhaps a large box of home demo goodies then!
    Last edited by Harlequin; 01-10-2016 at 08:32 PM.

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast