Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: More mooks, awesome tweaks

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiophile Bill View Post
    Hi Keith,

I don't know David Wright or Lee - please enlighten me? What do you know?

Cheers
    He is a good designer, also the man who fixes the border patrol amps, I think

Lee is I believe a graphic designer by trade, and I believe he designed Kevin Scott's website, David services Kondo for Kevin I suspect that's how they met.
    Lee had some ideas about some electronics and asked David to make them work.
    David really knows his stuff ,designing for as Ked says ,Border Patrol, ANUK amongst lots of others, he designed some cost no object hybrid amps for me and they are superb.
    However I don't believe David has anything to do with Lee's other projects, which are aimed squarely at the HK market.
    Keith.

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purite Audio View Post
    Lee is I believe a graphic designer by trade, and I believe he designed Kevin Scott's website, David services Kondo for Kevin I suspect that's how they met.
    Lee had some ideas about some electronics and asked David to make them work.
    David really knows his stuff ,designing for as Ked says ,Border Patrol, ANUK amongst lots of others, he designed some cost no object hybrid amps for me and they are superb.
    However I don't believe David has anything to do with Lee's other projects, which are aimed squarely at the HK market.
    Keith.
    Thanks, Keith. What are these hybrids? Any specs and piccies. Dalby certainly looks beautifully designed.

Thanks, Keith. What are these hybrids? Any specs and piccies. Dalby certainly looks beautifully designed.
    Bill Hi, yes these are they,

They are massive, Hitachi VFets on the output, Bendix signal valve Dueland silver caps, their output doubles so they can drive anything.
    Keith.

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purite Audio View Post
    Bill Hi, yes these are they,

They are massive, Hitachi VFets on the output, Bendix signal valve Dueland silver caps, their output doubles so they can drive anything.
    Keith.
    Very nice, Keith. Wow. What do you use these for - the Liszts? Are these your own personal commission then?

Bill yes ,we were. importing 'those' valve amplifiers at the time, David was repairing them , one day I asked him if we could make something without a financial constraint, all of David's previous commissions up to that point had been built to a price.
    Building anything in small quantities is really tough though, fabricators don't really want small runs.
    Anyhoo way of topic.
    Keith

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiocrack View Post
    (...) But you are complete right, they are tweaks and you should only investigate them after you have your system up and running. Only after getting to know your audio system inside out you can really appreciate what the SM devices are actually doing.
    Some people take a similar approach for speaker placement and room treatments. They advise that, if possible, room treatments should be put in place only after we have found the best positions for the speakers and the listening chair. I have found that after I built the permanent bass traps and diffusors at the front wall of my room, positioning speakers become more difficult and time consuming - no more that immediate comforting feeling that we found THE position and the other alternative positions were much poorer sounding.
    Under construction around a pair of Wilson XLF's, DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack and Audio Research REF40 ...

Very nice, Keith. Wow. What do you use these for - the Liszts? Are these your own personal commission then?
    Bedside Cabinet? Aspidistra Plinth? Chamber Pot Holder ?

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    When I was at Keith's recently, he wasn't able to use these hybrids w/the Liszts. Any luck since? I'd REALLY like to hear the them pwrd by these, to beat another subject to death, I really felt the Liszts didn't fulfill their potential w/the Molas. Just MHO.
    Trans Fi Salvation tt & Terminator arm/Soundsmith Straingauge SG200 cart w.Red Wine batt psu/Eera Tentation cdp/Nat Audio Utopia line stage & SE2SE SET monos w.NOS '48 GE tubes/Zu Definitions 4 spkrs w.Duelund caps & Lundahl transformers/Symposium Isis & Rollerblocks isolation/Sablon Reservas ic's, sc's & pc's/Westwick 8kVA balanced pwr, Oyaides dedicated lines w.Furutech US sockets/Entreq Silver Tellus & Olympus Minimus ground boxes, Silver Cleanus passive filter, Apollo ground leads

Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
    Bedside Cabinet? Aspidistra Plinth? Chamber Pot Holder ?
    Aesthetics are personal but the quality of parts inside these will never be found in a commercially produced amplifier, just too expensive.
    Keith.

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast