Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: More mooks, awesome tweaks

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    You should get them, Bill - I have heard of one person who shifted to these from Mooks. But don't know anyone else who has compared
    As Roger says, I reckon they might be a small fortune and beyond my system.

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    bonzo75: Someday in the future, after my listening room is put back together and I actually have a stereo to listen to, I promise I will investigate Shun Mooks.

But, until then, don't Mook me!
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-1000 Version II (ordered) tonearm: SME 3012R (to come); cartridge: ZYX Universe Premium X-SB2 (to come)
    tape: Studer A820 Mk II
    preamp: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies (ordered); amplifier: VTL MB-750s
    speakers: Gryphon Pendragons (ordered)
    cables: MasterBuilt (not yet ordered); power: Benjamin Electric subpanel; JPS in-wall wire; Furutech NCF outlets; room: 20' wide X 25' long X 14' tall; treatment: ASC Tube Traps and Tower Slims; tweaks: Shakti Stones

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Resnick View Post
    bonzo75: Someday in the future, after my listening room is put back together and I actually have a stereo to listen to, I promise I will investigate Shun Mooks.

Won't mook you, Ron, but may I mention at least that when you visited me I used three SM feet on top of my Kondo preamp, three feet under my Lyra Connoisseur phonostage and various mpingo discs on my Walker turntable? The SM devices are imo really good! But you are complete right, they are tweaks and you should only investigate them after you have your system up and running. Only after getting to know your audio system inside out you can really appreciate what the SM devices are actually doing.

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Resnick View Post

Ron,

I think you should investigate the Dalby stuff too for you planned mega system - I know you are one for build quality. Look at the state of the Dalby clamp - just deliciously constructed. Mind you, the preamp looks a bit tasty too .

Quote Originally Posted by Audiocrack View Post
    Won't mook you, Ron, but may I mention at least that when you visited me I used three SM feet on top of my Kondo preamp, three feet under my Lyra Connoisseur phonostage and various mpingo discs on my Walker turntable? The SM devices are imo really good! But you are complete right, they are tweaks and you should only investigate them after you have your system up and running. Only after getting to know your audio system inside out you can really appreciate what the SM devices are actually doing.
    Thank you, Audiocrack. That makes perfect sense!

turntable: American Sound AS-1000 Version II (ordered) tonearm: SME 3012R (to come); cartridge: ZYX Universe Premium X-SB2 (to come)
    preamp: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies (ordered); amplifier: VTL MB-750s
    cables: MasterBuilt (not yet ordered); power: Benjamin Electric subpanel; JPS in-wall wire; Furutech NCF outlets; room: 20' wide X 25' long X 14' tall; treatment: ASC Tube Traps and Tower Slims; tweaks: Shakti Stones

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Ron doesn't have much of a choice because without mooking planar speaker sonics drop considerably. I found with both Logans and AA, and he is going to end up with one of those, that without mooks the sound is (relatively speaking) coming at you in one plane, from the centre of the speaker. With the resonators under the pre, the sound will come along the length of the panel with more 3d. You don't have to wait to complete the system and then go to complete mooking. After some of the system is up, add one set of resonators under the pre. Then, later, as you proceed with the system, add more in steps.

One thing for sure, once you call Bill Ying over, it will take one session and you will be sold. You will then get a subforum here on mooks

Quote Originally Posted by Audiophile Bill View Post
    Ron,

I think you should investigate the Dalby stuff too for you planned mega system - I know you are one for build quality. Look at the state of the Dalby clamp - just deliciously constructed. Mind you, the preamp looks a bit tasty too .
    That Dalby stuff looks extremely well-made!

Quote Originally Posted by Audiophile Bill View Post
    Ron,

David Wright, do you know David, Bill? Realises Lee's electronic creations.
    Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    Ron doesn't have much of a choice because without mooking planar speaker sonics drop considerably. I found with both Logans and AA, and he is going to end up with one of those, that without mooks the sound is (relatively speaking) coming at you in one plane, from the centre of the speaker. With the resonators under the pre, the sound will come along the length of the panel with more 3d. You don't have to wait to complete the system and then go to complete mooking. After some of the system is up, add one set of resonators under the pre. Then, later, as you proceed with the system, add more in steps.

One thing for sure, once you call Bill Ying over, it will take one session and you will be sold. You will then get a subforum here on mooks
    Tweaks like Shun Mook is never a matter of one size fits all Kedar. It always depends on so many factors. You are too apodictic is this regard.

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purite Audio View Post
    David Wright, do you know David, Bill? Realises Lee's electronic creations.
    Keith.
    Hi Keith,

I don't know David Wright or Lee - please enlighten me? What do you know?

Cheers

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast