Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: More mooks, awesome tweaks

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Price On Application aka if you have to ask, you can't afford aka how much have you got in the bank right now, let's have the lot.

A review site lists them at $2400/3, plus carriage...in 2009! Maybe double now?
    Trans Fi Salvation tt & Terminator arm/Soundsmith Straingauge SG200 cart w.Red Wine batt psu/Eera Tentation cdp/Nat Audio Utopia line stage & SE2SE SET monos w.NOS '48 GE tubes/Zu Definitions 4 spkrs w.Duelund caps & Lundahl transformers/Symposium Isis & Rollerblocks isolation/Sablon Reservas ic's, sc's & pc's/Westwick 8kVA balanced pwr, Oyaides dedicated lines w.Furutech US sockets/Entreq Silver Tellus & Olympus Minimus ground boxes, Silver Cleanus passive filter, Apollo ground leads

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    You mean these are different from regular giants?
    Indeed, somewhat similar in the step up from Ultra to Giant, they might prove to be the Ultimate Mooking application for the Lampizator!

Can you guys help out a bit here? Some opinions are that one should go for Giants wherever poss, even on light components (eg my standard size 7kg cdp) if the chassis is big enough, but an email from William suggested that one has to base the choice on size AND weight. So that for my cdp, Ultras or even the one down, is more applicable.
    Any consensus here?
    Trans Fi Salvation tt & Terminator arm/Soundsmith Straingauge SG200 cart w.Red Wine batt psu/Eera Tentation cdp/Nat Audio Utopia line stage & SE2SE SET monos w.NOS '48 GE tubes/Zu Definitions 4 spkrs w.Duelund caps & Lundahl transformers/Symposium Isis & Rollerblocks isolation/Sablon Reservas ic's, sc's & pc's/Westwick 8kVA balanced pwr, Oyaides dedicated lines w.Furutech US sockets/Entreq Silver Tellus & Olympus Minimus ground boxes, Silver Cleanus passive filter, Apollo ground leads

Blog Entries
    No, the size and weight is a minimum. Not a maximum. I.e. you can't have ultras if the weight is beyond what is advised. But for CDP and pre while you can have ultra, adding Giants makes it sound better, provided you have the space to put the Giants in a decently spaced triangle (this won't work under components with a small surface area).

I have an email from William that states that.

^ As I understand the matter Marc, also ideally the plane of ones Resonator's should lie flush with the bottom chassis plate of ones equipment of choice, however the desired size of Resonator may be compromised in that ideal by any protruding bolts, screw heads, etc.etc that may prevent a flush coupling.

Consensus within an Audio forum Marc !!! I may discuss the possibility with my pet Unicorn and his particular friend a somewhat irascible Dodo named Keith.
    Last edited by Harlequin; 01-05-2016 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cuntigh View Post
    The nearest representative is Barbara Sutter I think in Switzerland. What means POA please ?
    Barbara Suter....of Swisscables.com

Check out the product called UNIQUE.

Addicted to Best!
    Could these take the title from the Mooks?

Anyone heard these?

http://www.dalbyaudiodesign.co.uk/pr...tion-feet.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiophile Bill View Post

Anyone heard these?

You should get them, Bill - I have heard of one person who shifted to these from Mooks. But don't know anyone else who has compared

Quote Originally Posted by Audiophile Bill View Post

Anyone heard these?

Whilst I have no personal experience of them myself, I did spent a little time researching them a while back, following a comment from a guy over on AGon that he had replaced his Mook's with these.

I used to have a couple of RRP's on these, Unfortunatly lost to a dead hard drive, however I seem to recall that they made Mook's appear well affordable by comparison.

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
    Whilst I have no personal experience of them myself, I did spent a little time researching them a while back, following a comment from a guy over on AGon that he had replaced his Mook's with these.

I used to have a couple of RRP's on these, Unfortunatly lost to a dead hard drive, however I seem to recall that they made Mook's appear well affordable by comparison.
    I thought as much re: price.

That clamp is to die for...

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast