Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: More mooks, awesome tweaks

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!

More mooks, awesome tweaks

Not for objectivists, thanks.

Today was at a friend's place, we tried this tweak which was huuuge, and he said this is the best sound he has had in his room.

All we did is take a pair of the shun mook wooden blocks you see in the picture below (three shun mooks discs on each block, this is part of their product line, not DIY) and placed it facing the listener, just inside the line of each speaker. There were two Krell monos just inside the line of the speakers, as shown below, and we placed them on top of the Krell. First we placed them at the front of the amp, then moved them back to the end of the amp, facing the same direction. Both the changes resulted in a huge shift in soundstage. Moving them to the back of the amp was massive increase in the stage of the orchestra. Simple and cheap.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by bonzo75; 07-12-2015 at 12:33 PM.

Hello,
    It seems great. Are they Mpingo disc or another product ? Curious about that
    Analysis Audio Epsilon[*]-Air Tight ATM 3 amps and ATE 2 preamp[*]-TW Acustic Raven AC3 with battery PSU and Black Night platter[*]-Computer Audio Design DAC and transport[*]PC from LessLoss Sig and Stein Music[*]Interconnects Stein Music (Excel and Liquidum)[*]Speaker cable HiDiamond HD8[*]Acoustic System Resonators[*]Stein Music Blue Sun and 4 Harmonizers[*]-Stein Music Feet [*]-KLAudio Ultrasonic record cleaning machine
    Keith Monks "classic"record cleaning machine

Quote Originally Posted by cuntigh View Post
    Hello,
    It seems great. Are they Mpingo disc or another product ? Curious about that
    Yes - they are mpingos on wooden blocks. Btw, I have heard the music harmonizers. Synergistic ECTs. They all work well. How are the Stein interconnects? Also try the shun mook resonators for the Stein feet. And yes a fan of Analysis, so we have similar tastes

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    Yes - they are mpingos on wooden blocks. Btw, I have heard the music harmonizers. Synergistic ECTs. They all work well. How are the Stein interconnects? Also try the shun mook resonators for the Stein feet. And yes a fan of Analysis, so we have similar tastes
    The Stein interconnects are very very good and excellent value. They equalled and for the Liquidim surpassed the Kondo ones (in my systemand for my tastes). They deserve to be more famed. If you are interested I think there is a trial period on them.
    I'm thinking about for Shun Mooks but weak euro doesn't help at that time

I bought 2 shun mook discs in the 90s and until now I still use them. One on my line pre amp, just over the chassis, and another touching the motor of my Avid Diva. I've tried them on many other places but somehow these 2 places sound the best to me.
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by jadis View Post
    I bought 2 shun mook discs in the 90s and until now I still use them. One on my line pre amp, just over the chassis, and another touching the motor of my Avid Diva. I've tried them on many other places but somehow these 2 places sound the best to me.
    Hi Phil, that is the wrong implementation though, you need 3 on a component, in a specific triangular formation. Then there is this other wooden block shown in my pic above.

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Johnny Vinyl's Avatar
    I'm glad you heard an improvement, but I remain extremely sceptical about these types of tweaks. The whole idea of a piece of wood and some rubber discs (or whatever that material is) having magical properties just doesn't sit well with me.
    I love the smell of vinyl in the morning!
    John Adrian Spijkers - "Live Life! Leave A Legacy!"
    Dynavector DV20x2L - Genesis G7.1f - Marantz Reference PM KI Pearl - Nitty Gritty 2.5Fi - Oracle Paris Mk.V

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    Hi Phil, that is the wrong implementation though, you need 3 on a component, in a specific triangular formation. Then there is this other wooden block shown in my pic above.
    hi bonzo,

I was not aware of that wooden box block or the triangular formation. I thought each disk is a stand alone.
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by jadis View Post
    hi bonzo,

I was not aware of that wooden box block or the triangular formation. I thought each disk is a stand alone.
    Yes but you keep three standalone discs in a triangle on the component, the two at the back facing 5 and 7 o clock respectively, and the one in front facing straight ahead. And you can rotate the ones at the back to tune sound, also move them front or back to move soundstage. Now you can see why people read this and think foo. It works though. But these are not as effective as the wooden blocks or the resonators (the feet).

Addicted to Best!
    Hi,

I am new to the forum and friend of Bonzo. That is my system there and I can honestly say that the effects of these are not subtle. The thing is, you can place them in parts of the room or on parts of the system and they have no effect but when you get it right it is very obvious. I can vouch for the drop back and enhanced size of the soundstage when we moved them back. I sat there gob smacked.

Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast