Bricasti M28

vassago

Dec 1, 2011
denmark
I am surprised.

Today I was out with Bricasti M28 to a customer, he has Pass labs SR1 with 160.5 and 100.5 and XP30.

I must say the Bricasti player class better, much more open more control mush better midrange....

On freday I have to install MQ7 and he have XS150,, so it will be fun to see what the m28 do with the XS150.

11080922_10153252182470337_8835206724044181223_n.jpg Are there any of you who have heard the M28 ...

brmccoy

Mar 26, 2015
Redlands, CA
I own one of the first pairs of Brciasti M28's (serial #10 & 11 I believe). The Bricasti M1 flipped my hifi world pretty squarly upside down when I first had the opportunity to demo it and so I fairly blindly at this point, after now owning two M1's, was willing to wait on the production list for the M28's based on the M1's staggering performance alone which is now well documented. I don't have all the fancy words to describe how exceptional these amps are other than to say they are many many levels beyond exceptional, continuing Bricasti's legacy, offering superior depth, dimension, extended frequency response and an over-all beautiful voicing. I am incredibly pleased with my purchase. I was using a custom pair of mono blocs before that were unto themselves exceptional and the Bricasti's just simply show better in every respect. I am new to this forum and really interested myself in what others who have heard or are using the M28's experiences have been. I'm in southern California and pretty open minded to hosting any of you who are in the area and seriously thinking about these amps and want to hear them. You can bring your current amps, if they aren't impossible to transport, LOL, and we'll A/B them till the cows come home. Here's a cell phone pic and I'll try to upload some better captured pictures later on. -Brad

atc medium.jpg

Attachments

• atc low.jpg
    atc low.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 861

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Steve, you certainly should make an effort to audition the M28s. They are exceptional by any measure.

I'm pleased to say I will have a pair here after AXPONA on demonstration.

ZissersonHIFI

Mar 26, 2015
Hello,
I wanted to chime in and share my experience with the M28. I brought a new pair of custom loudspeakers I designed to my friend John Marks who is a record producer and a musicologist to listen to some hi-rez recordings he recently had done. Luckily that day coincided with a demonstration of the M28. When thinking of many great larger power amps I have heard as well high dollar perhaps esoteric power amps, I truly feel the M28 is in a class of its own. Yes, they do everything one would expect from a massive monoblock amp, but they control and resolve "below the waist" (4th octave and lower) like I have never heard. The resolved harmonics of a pipe organ, which can cause notes of their own, are laid out exactly as they should be (my point of reference being next to the organ itself while playing). There was no distortion in the low bass making it as real as it can get. Often, even in high power/high current amps there is still a touch of that mid-bass bloom particularly when asked to drive hard harmonic tones for sustained periods while dealing with the ever-chaining load of a loudspeaker. That same feel of naturally perfect resolution extended as high as anyone could hear. Their impact and dynamic capability were astounding as well for the simple fact that they never changed regardless of musical genre or how hard they were asked to play. There was just music. Not the warmed-over sound of yore or even the modern analytic sound. Just pure music. I am excited to see what Bricasti has up their sleeves next because following the M1 DAC, the M28's continue their work being a game-changer in their respective world. I would wager they are quite amazing with the large ATCs! A couple of pictures from the day.

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
I heard Bricasti gear, including M28, at THE Show/Newport...attractive sound :)
The ATC's, of course, would be passive.

I like the active ATC's, given complementary acoustics/room.

Nyal Mellor

Industry Expert
Jul 14, 2010
SF Bay Area, CA, USA
Yes, Tower Series SCM100ASLT Passive....

MMM....ATCs! I've just recently discovered these amazing speakers as well.

Do yours have the new ATC tweeter?

Nyal Mellor

Industry Expert
Jul 14, 2010
SF Bay Area, CA, USA
Yes, these have the most current HF drivers...

Did you listen to the active ATCs also before making a purchase decision?

brmccoy

Mar 26, 2015
Redlands, CA
I've spent time with both 50 and 150 pro versions with the active circuitry...which is the configuration that initially turned me onto ATC. I thought the 50 pro version was just a tad bass shy for my taste but I attribute that mostly to my room...both sizes exceptional, though. I would have probably bought active cabinets if not for the Bricasti M28's. Since all versions (50,100,150,etc) have the same HF circuitry, I decided that I would opt for the middle ground of the 100 tower series presuming the bass response would be a little deeper than the 50 and the cabinet size is a little less imposing than the 150's. That was my rationale anyhow...

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
...I decided that I would opt for the middle ground of the 100 tower series presuming the bass response would be a little deeper than the 50 and the cabinet size is a little less imposing than the 150's. That was my rationale anyhow...

Sensible approach, imo. My preference would be for the 100 Classic Series with Anni Packs :p

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing