Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Nat Audio - giant killers?

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scatterbrain99 View Post
    Hi bonzo, Thank you for your comment. Can you clarify your statement a bit? Magnetic is not hybrid anymore? According to NAT website, it's still mentioned as hybrid. What is the sweet spot according to Dejan - the Magnetic preamp?
    Yes Dejan said the Magnetic pre was the sweet spot. I had this conversation with him a couple of years ago. Best to call/email and check with him if it is a hybrid or not.
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Blog Entries
    Btw, what are you looking for a preamp for - to drive a SET based system, a PP amplifier, or an SS amp? What are your speakers?
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

I've a open baffle speaker - Pure Audio Project Trio15 Voxativ. I'm going to upgrade to Horn1 soon. My amplifier is PS Audio BHK 250. I'm wondering what kind of preamp would be a good fit for this, specifically for a open baffle speaker.

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    I searched "Einstein" and I rediscovered this thread. I just heard the Einstein Silver Bullet OTL Mk. IIs in a stunning-sounding system, some elements of which have left me dumbfounded, and two things I absolutely, positively, without any doubt did not hear from the Einsteins were "bloat" or "roll-off."
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000 (ordered) tonearm: SME 3012R (to come); cartridge: ZYX Universe Premium X-SB2 (to come)
    tape: Studer A820 Mk II
    phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies (ordered); line stage: Aesthetix Callisto Eclipse with 2 power supplies (ordered); amplifier: VTL MB-750s
    speakers: Gryphon Pendragons (ordered)
    cables: MasterBuilt Ultra or Cardas Clear Beyond (TBD); power: Benjamin Electric subpanel; Torus AVR60BAL; JPS in-wall wire; Furutech NCF outlets; room: 20' wide X 25' long X 15' tall; treatment: ASC Tube Traps and Tower Slims; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks (Kedar to place)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Resnick View Post
    I searched "Einstein" and I rediscovered this thread. I just heard the Einstein Silver Bullet OTLs in a stunning-sounding system, some elements of which have left me dumbfounded, and two things I absolutely, positively, without any doubt did not hear from the Einsteins were "bloat" or "roll-off."
    What did you compare with?

There was no comparison. Danny has several Einstein amplifiers.

turntable: American Sound AS-2000 (ordered) tonearm: SME 3012R (to come); cartridge: ZYX Universe Premium X-SB2 (to come)
    phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies (ordered); line stage: Aesthetix Callisto Eclipse with 2 power supplies (ordered); amplifier: VTL MB-750s
    cables: MasterBuilt Ultra or Cardas Clear Beyond (TBD); power: Benjamin Electric subpanel; Torus AVR60BAL; JPS in-wall wire; Furutech NCF outlets; room: 20' wide X 25' long X 15' tall; treatment: ASC Tube Traps and Tower Slims; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks (Kedar to place)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Resnick View Post
    There was no comparison. Danny has several Einstein amplifiers.
    Ok, I compared to BerninG, which to me is better. Please check if Danny rolled the stock valves, as I heard with stock.

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    Ok, I compared to BerninG, which to me is better. Please check if Danny rolled the stock valves, as I heard with stock.
    Jazdoc had Einstein's for a long time which I've heard many times; pretty good. but I prefer his new Found-Music Blade mono tube amps by a good margin. these are 28-30 watt amps, but seem much more powerful in his intimate room. not exactly sure which Einstein amps he had (he never sells stuff so he might still have them).

I did have the big 211/845 Bernings in my large room a year or two ago ($75k), and then also had the Blades ($25k) in my system briefly too. the 2x or 3x as powerful Berning was a little better. but in a smaller room they might be similar.
    Wave Kin. NVS tt, AS-2000 ord. (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*MSB Select II dac w/33 Femto clock + mono powerbases, SGM serv + (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darT NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *dart 458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, *Tripoint Troy Sig + Elite, Entreq Sil Tel + Pos, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kin. A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

Mike, didn't you have Atma-Sphere amps at one time? If so, is there anything you can tell us about 211/845 Bernings versus the Atma-Spheres?

Why did you not keep the 211/845 Bernings?

I know the switching power supply of the Bernings is supposed to control the bass well, but that is not a consideration for me since the external amplifiers drive only the ribbon panels. Since the bass towers are self-powered having a switching power supply in the picture makes me nervous.

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast